Registered
2,015 Posts
This is my interpretation of Lower Middle, Middle and Upper Middle class

Upper Middle (usually in golf estates)
And fucking ugly as well... as is usually the case! :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts

This is very tricky, because being in a social class depends on your education, accent, financial situation and the area you live in. Although the suburb and car are not always class related ... your accent, education and financial strength are and the higher up the class rung you are placed ... your family and connections are what is required. Without them, you might have arrived on the scene financialy speaking, but you not welcome in the club. Oh, but that is only for everything outside Cape Town. Cape Town is just one class ... Snob class. We have it all, we know it ... and we got darn good taste in style.

·
Banned
4,125 Posts
SA actually has a very small middle class. Only a small fraction of the 'black diamonds' really falls under 'middle class'. Most black diamonds earn less than R10 000 pm, and are unable to afford a middle class home, which costs around R750 000. One would probably need a monthly earning of about R20 000.
I reckon a middle class salary starts at R15 000 pm, which would exclude like 80% of the population?

·
Requiscat en pace
8,051 Posts
Your house doesn't really define your class. Some Middle income houses look like Upper Middle, but the people bought it with a loan and some Middle income houses look like Lower middle houses. Meaning that the people either paid off all loans or like to travel etc.
A more accurate definition would be according to salary..

In my personal experience:

Lower middle: R 17000-R30000
Middle: R30000-R60000
Upper Middle: R60000-R150000

*p/m gross salary

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hold on just one second...

AHEM :puke:
They are the mother cities tampons ... ur- so there ... now don't you go flaunting mothers tampons all over the internet. You know, I actually lived in those at one time. They have great views, tennis courts and a nice big pool ... did I mention the views? Lovely gardens, oh I could go on and on and on... they could look so stunning if they had a face lift. I really do like them. Sigh.

·
Registered
403 Posts
ilan,you make it sound like Manhattan...which it isn't.
Are you out of your mind? Manhatten! No, you need to reduce your intake of Prozac ... Cape Town is way better ... and it's not in the USA. I would be so ashamed of myself if I was living in the USA.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts