SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 1448 Posts

·
Registered
40,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oman is such a beautiful country with a splendid landscape and the ruler has really developed his country well.

I am missing a thread on Oman in this forum :sleepy:

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
^^ nope. :)

·
Under the Burj
3,491 Posts
Oman is realy nice, especialy muscat and mussandam. one day i might consider moving there, especialy if they get a train link to dubai. i realy love the coastline just past hatta, so many little run down fots on the beach... its amazing. one of the most relaxing places i have been to, and i have been to quite a few.

·
Registered
40,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$30 000 before 2010, UAE´s GDP must definitely have surpassed taht stage. UAE´s GDP war already above 20 000 before the boom years that means before 2001/02

·
Construction Paradise
12,388 Posts
oman is a true paradise
the perfect counterpart to dubai

a combination of both gives you the perfect mideast trip

i always say:
what you don't have in dubai, you'll find it in oman
what you don't have in oman, you'll find it in dubai

the people there are the friendliest i've ever met, you really feel this country hasn't been devastated by tourism, industry, globalisation,...

my dad was there on another trip last week and once again people have invited him and his group for a cup of tea at their houses.

they really are very polite and open to anybody, no matter where one comes from

in oman, problems don't seem to exist
everything is going on peacefully and running smoothly

an incredibly relaxing place, a must visit when you're somewhere close to it

·
Banned
591 Posts
Thanx :) .. good evening all ...

Jordan airs confessions of Hamas 'plotters'

King Abdullah II says Hamas scheme to plot attacks in Jordan will not affect historic ties with Palestinians.

By Randa Habib - AMMAN

Three suspected members of Palestinian Islamic group Hamas confessed on Jordanian television Thursday of plotting to kill senior officers of Jordan's intelligence service.

In a 14-minute segment that began with footage of a weapons cache a commentator said had been "seized over a period of time," the detainees said they had been involved in surveillance operations and assassination plots.

The "leader of the group," Ayman Naji Daraghmeh, 34, spoke of his links to Hamas, his "frequent trips to Syria" and his "surveillance on an intelligence officer at his home who was to be a target."

Daraghmeh said he had been arrested on April 18 and that he had been the one who informed investigators of a weapons cache in northern Jordan.

He was among 20 people arrested in a recent sweep that also turned up caches of Iranian-made Katyusha rockets, as well as other weapons.

A second suspect, Ahmad Abu Rabieh, 27, said he had been arrested on May 6.

Rabieh said Daraghmeh had told him they were going to attack a bus carrying members of the intelligence service. He said he had monitored the bus "three or four times and I told Daraghmeh the schedules."

Rabieh also said Daraghmeh had told him to carry out surveillance on tourists in the Jordanian Red Sea port of Aqaba, with the aim of carrying out attacks there.

A third suspect, an imam named Ahmed Abu Diab whose age was not given, said he was arrested April 18 and had been involved in a plot to assassinate a Jordanian Christian he identified as Sami George.

"I worked harvesting olives on his farm, and Ayman Daraghmeh derided me for not having told him about George. He said George was not a Christian but a Jew, and he was a target for us."

King Abdullah II said in statements published Friday that Jordan's historical ties with the Palestinians would not be shaken by Hamas scheme to plot attacks in the kingdom.

"What some members of Hamas did against Jordanian national security by smuggling weapons and explosives into Jordan will not affect whatsoever the historic relationship with the Palestinian brothers," the monarch said.

"It will not stop Jordan from pursuing its national role towards them leading to their full rights, foremost of which is the establishment of an independent Palestinian state," he said, according to Al-Rai government daily.

A top Jordanian official who spoke on condition of anonymity said before the airing that the three planned to "carry out attacks against Jordanian intelligence service officers and attack a bus carrying members of the services."

He said their confessions would "prove to Islamic sceptics and to Hamas the truth of the Jordanian accusations.

"We are also going to show the seized arms, among which are type 107 Katyusha rockets, made in Iran, Grad rockets, Lau rocket launchers and mines."

The official stressed that "Jordan is not accusing Iran of implication in this affair, nor is it accusing Syria.

"We have established that the Hamas elements who were arrested came from Syria and that certain arms were of Iranian make, but our accusations center on Hamas, on which we place full responsibility for these attempts to destabilise Jordan.

Even so, government spokesman Nasser Jawdeh said Wednesday investigations had revealed "attempts to recruit individuals in Jordan on behalf of (Hamas) and to bring recruits from the Palestinian territories to send them to Syria and Iran for training".

Last month Amman announced the arrest of Hamas members who allegedly received orders from a Syria-based leader to attack officials in the kingdom.

Subsequently, Jordan scrapped a planned visit to Amman by Mahmud al-Zahar, foreign minister in the Hamas-run Palestinian government.

Palestinian intelligence chief Tareq Abu Rajab and senior aides are currently in Jordan to discuss the claims.

The Jordanian official said "secret documents proving the implication of Hamas were presented to the delegation, as well as proof of Hamas attempts in Jordan since 1991."

Hamas has denied Jordan's allegations and refused to send representatives to the Amman talks.

Palestinian prime minister Ismail Haniya denied Hamas had any involvement in the alleged plots.

"We are surprised by this media escalation in Jordan. There has been no change in Hamas's policies toward Jordan and what is going on in the media is not acceptable to us," he told reporters in Gaza City.

Hamas spokesman Musr al-Masri said the matter was "fabricated."

The Jordanian government is "trying to exaggerate the situation by causing an uproar but this will have only minimal consequences," he said, adding he regretted the "means used" by Amman.

He also said he was astonished at the timing of the confessions, given the "sensitive time when our people are under siege" after international aid was halted to the Hamas-led government, which Washington and Europe consider a terrorist group.

On Wednesday, Jawdeh said "Jordanian intelligence services are convinced that there are still weapons hidden in the country that represent a big threat to national security."

He stressed that the weapons were brought to Jordan after Hamas formed its government earlier this year.

And on Thursday, the official said "we know Hamas has moved (arms) caches, which is why we want (Hamas supremo) Khaled Meshaal and Ismail Haniya to send a team to lead us" to those still not found.

He added that "we are not going to reveal everything so as not to increase tensions, but if Hamas does not cooperate, we will change our stance."

·
2,670 Posts
^^ :banana:

Forward pass: Paris Hilton snags Cards' Leinart?

How possibly could the perfidious Paris Hilton visit misfortune on the newly euphoric Arizona Cardinals Nation?

As reported dutifully in this space May 3, Hilton has cast adrift her most recent pet Greek shipping scion, Stavros Niarchos, after more than a year.

Now Hilton is rumored to be salving her emotional wounds with the help of freshly minted Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart, although Hilton's rep insists they are just "friends."

But, cheer up, Cardinals fans: Even if Leinart and Hilton did get together to explore the love only a debu-tart and a quarterback could know, there is a 73 percent chance the relationship would be over by the time you read this.

In other news from Paris:

Hilton is still stupid. She unveiled her new cellphone game, Paris Hilton's Jewel Jam, this week at LA's Electronic Entertainment Expo, saying, "Sorry I'm late. I'm really excited to have my new video game, Diamondquest. Thank you all for coming, and you can download the game."

·
Banned
591 Posts
Gilgamesh said:
^^ :banana:

Forward pass: Paris Hilton snags Cards' Leinart?

How possibly could the perfidious Paris Hilton visit misfortune on the newly euphoric Arizona Cardinals Nation?

As reported dutifully in this space May 3, Hilton has cast adrift her most recent pet Greek shipping scion, Stavros Niarchos, after more than a year.

Now Hilton is rumored to be salving her emotional wounds with the help of freshly minted Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart, although Hilton's rep insists they are just "friends."

But, cheer up, Cardinals fans: Even if Leinart and Hilton did get together to explore the love only a debu-tart and a quarterback could know, there is a 73 percent chance the relationship would be over by the time you read this.

In other news from Paris:

Hilton is still stupid. She unveiled her new cellphone game, Paris Hilton's Jewel Jam, this week at LA's Electronic Entertainment Expo, saying, "Sorry I'm late. I'm really excited to have my new video game, Diamondquest. Thank you all for coming, and you can download the game."

aLTHOUGH i put her pic in my avater , i don't like her very much.. :sleepy:

Vicars face imams in match refereed by Jews

Friendly match taking place in Berlin on Saturday is part of initiative aimed at increasing understanding among religions.

BERLIN - Christian ministers will tackle Muslim imams in a pre-World Cup friendly officiated by a Jewish referee as part of an initiative aimed at increasing understanding among religions, it was announced Wednesday.

The eight-a-side match presided over by three Jewish officials was organised by the German Protestant Church and will take place Saturday, just over a month before the big World Cup kick-off on June 9.

The friendly match is part of a wider initiative associated with a conference organised by the British Embassy in Berlin on integration, racism and football and will be the first such match in Germany, according to the Church of Berlin and Brandenbourg.

Churches of different Christian denominations are also organising a series of events including festivals and concerts under the banner "kickoff2006 - Kick-off Faith," using football's global appeal to promote tolerance and unity.

At Geithain in the east of Germany, the protestant church is also trying to organise a mini-World Cup among 32 churches to mirror the actual event.

Unlike the FIFA-organised World Cup, though, there are no plans for a cartoon mascot.

1 - 20 of 1448 Posts