Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azure On The Parke Headed For Midtown

Two mixed-use projects in Midtown were proposed during June's Development Review Committee meeting. The first, 22 Fourteenth Street, will add 6,500 square feet of ground-floor retail and 400 units of residential space to the southwest corner of 14th and West Peachtree.

Also proposed at the meeting was a very early stage project from Atlantic Realty Partners called Azure on the Park (see below). The scale may be slightly off in this early rendering, but the endgame is a five-story building next to a 24-story tower that will add 330 apartments and 2,100 square feet of retail at Piedmont Avenue between 10th and 11th streets.

Azure is awaiting rezoning and will return to DRC in August.

---------------------------

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another New Tower Near Piedmont Park is Forging Ahead

Another new apartment tower is preparing to launch near Piedmont Park, but plans suggest a much-maligned Midtown eyesore will remain for the time being. Atlantic Realty Partners, the firm behind Buckhead's Cyan on Peachtree tower, filed a building permit application this week to move forward with Azure on the Park on Piedmont Avenue, between 10th and 11th streets, What Now Atlanta reports. According to the application, Atlantic will spend a substantial amount — $2.5 million — readying the site for a 25-story apartment tower and five-story building that wraps a parking deck; that would make sense, given the large homes and other structures that line the streets now. What's more, at the corner of Piedmont Avenue and 11th Street, Atlantic is planning 2,100 square feet of street retail, about twice the size of a typical Subway restaurant.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would say this is under construction. I've walked by it and they already have concrete columns laid out near the end where the tower is to go. You can sort of see them in the last picture you posted.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
1/4

This project appears to be moving at Novare speed. They're already working on the 11th floor of the tower and have started on the lowrise part of the project.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wonder why they're doing the parking deck last. Usually, it's first in most projects.
All the Skyhouses built did them last. I think precast structures are usually built last, unless they are needed to be used like in Alta Midtown case. Ones formed on site get built first cause it looks to take a lot longer for the concrete to cure for a parking deck than for a normal floor.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
By the way, here is the latest rendering from the architect. It's pretty "meh" but its good to see infill replacing those seedy old houses/apartments. I just think the section on Piedmont could be lot better.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts