Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Awesome pics....my all time favorite building...took more pics of ESB while I was in New York this year than anything else........so I wont repeat my pics...all these are so terrific...but here are a couple of old diagrams I've had stored in my PC for a while which I hope are interesting?....
By redbaron_012
By redbaron_012

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Zoom into the ESB on this pic......amazing!.......oops, maybe doesn't work ? The original of this pic is awesome.( see Long View east from Top of the Rock thread......)

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
There is something about proportion that newer and taller buildings don't have compared to the Empire State Building......it just looks right !

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Taking everything in to account.......this is the worlds greatest skyscraper......now and ever! ( note: read first 5 words before reply )

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Wow, on opening day the ob.deck didn't have the mesh guard around it ! Guess a similar feel now is the upper deck of the 'Top of the Rock'.......and I visited the 'Carew Tower' in Cincinnati back in 2007 where the height is exaggerated by no railings......But the ESB deck is a must do in the world of things to do before you die ! Imagine back then..........nothing anywhere came close.......and for decades to follow!

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Yes !..............hmmm that's what I said in my deleted post but thought everyone knew that ? I am missing New York big time......3 years ago today I was on top of the ESB.....and to the top of the mast.....inside anyway.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Nothing compares......nothing compares....n o t h i n g...compares.....to you !

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
alexacosta...hope you don't mind but this pic is now my screensaver background : )

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
I think this pic has more ESB in the pic than I have ever seen before ? Usually lower floors are obscured by surrounding buildings.....? like from Top of the Rock which shows most of the building.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
BenAffleck your a stunner.................. : )...even if your not BenAffleck......the pic I mean : )...um and thanks for your 12th post a reply to me...my favorite number !

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Desertpunk..Imagine if that was a top out pic...the ESB as a flat top......we would never have known but history would sure have missed something very special.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Although a complete masterpiece was the spire designed before the building began construction or added as a bonus....like if they thought airships could dock there etc.....Thanks for that render...would be still a very impressive building, a bit like Carew Tower in Cincinnati ?

sorry have to click to see larger...but this is the ESB thread afterall !

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
The clock is again ticking for the ESB to relinquish it's NYC tallest building status. But it will be ??? another ...what 40 years till another building can claim to hold that record for as long...even though the ESB did it in two stints due to WTC demise. : ( in fact how many World's Tallest buildings can claim that record for as long as the ESB did ) Guess Sears was around for quite a while before Petronas, if you really consider they were taller? Sorry getting off thread a bit........

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
I understand the ESB needs to be financially viable as possible so makes money from having many aerials/ antennas etc off the spire, but as a monument.....is it ? It would be wonderful to see the building restored one day and have all the tacked on stuff removed. OK The tall TV mast above the spire has become part of the recognized silhouette but couldn't believe how much other stuff hangs on everywhere, From ground level or afar not so obvious but from the observation deck it seems a shame, as if this one more thing wont make much difference then years go by and it's a mess.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
ahhh luved it so much you had it framed !

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Everyone loves the Chrysler Bld but this thread is about the ESB...........There can be no denying for now and always the Empire State deserves No 1 status in this city !

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
Maybe someone could start a thread called 'Chrylser Building ' ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts