SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Kinky Christian
3,180 Posts
Off topic but honestly the most disguisting movie I've ever seen was La Dolce Vita.
A Swedish actress (a Marilyn Monroe wannabe) caused an Italian man to loose his gorgeous Italian lady. And there was even a slap involved, I guess hitting women in the 60's was supposed to make man appear stronger. Disguisting. A Japanese restaurant also finds its way in this rather bizarre - no plot movie.
Don't spend you precious time on this malicious Swedish-Japanese worshiping crap.

Sophia Loren is Italian and ended up as the biggest icons of the era going straight to Hollywood | USA. She knew better than that. ↓

·
No More Italian Mod
39,653 Posts
No offense, but your plot is uncorrect.

Anyway everybody knows this movie but nearly no one saw it, and even less understand it (and it's one of the most 'easy' of Fellini's production)
Trevi's fountain scene became a cinema 'icon', but tells nothing about the movie itself which is divided in 12 'episodes' with Mastroianni (who plays a journalist) as main character. Your 'Swedish actress' (Anita Ekberg) appears in few scenes, even if one of those is the most iconic one.

Fellini's movies are not for everybody, hard to understand (or better, useless to understand) with a poetics of their own.
You can like 'em or not, but that's another question. [/OT]

·
Kinky Christian
3,180 Posts
Oh I am not offended at all, I've stopped watching after the first hour, who knows how things proceeded till the end.
That night, when the Swedish actress stumbled upon Di Trevi, and was like - my god we surely don't have this stuff in our Swedish villages, is when I stopped.
Maybe the Italian journalist did got back to his housewife who spend the days at home while he was fooling around.

·
19,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Preview :cheers:

APPLE --

In Milan, artists and designers reinvent the future everyday. We have asked them what they want to do tomorrow.
And here there will be their answers: a snapshot of the city's creative energy.

·
19,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Apple Previews New Piazza Liberty Store, Opening Thursday in Milan

Apple today premiered this week's opening of Apple Piazza Liberty in the center of Milan, Italy. Set to open its doors on Thursday, the retail location features a dramatic glass fountain that serves as the entrance to the store and a backdrop to the large outdoor amphitheater.

The piazza, clad in Beola Grigia, a stone used throughout Milan, will be open to the public 24 hours a day and will host special events year-round amongst 14 Gleditsia Sunburst trees planted in the area.

"There's no better expression of our vision for Apple stores serving as modern-day gathering places than Apple Piazza Liberty," said Angela Ahrendts, Apple's senior vice president of Retail. "In a city with such rich history of art, entertainment and creativity, it's an honor to establish a space where anyone can be inspired to learn, create and connect with their neighbors."

"To work within one of Italy's historic piazzas is both a great responsibility and wonderful challenge," said Jony Ive, Apple's chief design officer. "We combined two fundamental elements of the Italian piazza — water and stone — adding a glass portal that creates a multi-sensory experience as visitors enter the store through a cascading fountain that seems to envelop them."

The store will employ 230 staff, many of whom have come to Milan from Apple stores around the world, according to Apple.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/07/24/apple-preivew-piazza-liberty-store-thursday-milan/

·
19,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Playing in the fountain and taking selfies: tourists and citizens appreciate Norman Foster's work.

·
19,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
Norman Foster is a genius.

Reactions: ollo
21 - 40 of 55 Posts