Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milanofiori Sud is another ambitious project for Milan.

The area of 1.086.137 mq in the South of Milan will see an incredible development with the construction of 3 towers, a Business Park, the Humanitas Life Science Park and an important area dedicated to the Medical research. Also the area will be reached by an extension (U/C) of the Metro.

·
Registered
102 Posts
amazing. in milan, which didn't get any attention in the last years, there is more going on than in london, where there has been a lot of talk in the past.

what towers are u/c in milan now or in 2008?

·
Registered
13,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm amazed too. :nuts:

After 10 years of total immobility, now there is a boom.:banana:

Anyway most of the projects of redevelopment (there are not only towers, but entire areas completely re-projected and re-designed) will be U/C in 2008.

Actually the most advanced are the tower of Region Lombardy HQ(the 3d just in this section), and the WJC (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=480461), talking about "business towers", there are also minor residential tower U/C and in the other main projects worksites, in this moment, there are "cleaning" works and demolishes of old former industrial buildings.

The idea is to finish the "clusters" of 'scrapers for the 2015, the year of the World Expo. :)

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I love this project and especially its main tower! ..to me it's the most beautiful skyscraper ever designed in Italy (and among the greatest in Europe) since the Pirelli.

Elegant. Compact. Unique. Can't wait to see it! :cheers:

some few renderings.

For the last 2, thanks to Skymino.

·
No More Italian Mod
39,869 Posts
^^
For this project they'll start works at begin of 2008

While for the Milanofiori Nord project (no towers overthere) they're working very fast: for pics check Italian Forum, I'm a lazy guy :D

·
No More Italian Mod
39,869 Posts
I always thought the Milanofiori project was cancelled 2 or 3 years ago???
You probably mean the project of 3 towers designed by Kenzo Tange

Unfortunately it was cancelled: but this is not Milanofiori Sud - the topic of the thread - but Milanofiori Nord (just a kilometer North of it, as tou can understand by its name :) )

Milanofiori Nord has now a new project without towers which is u/c

Here it is

The area under construction

While Milanofiori Sud is this one

Here in the last pic you can see the two areas: Milanofiori Sud on the left, and Milanofiori Nord on the right

·
urban astrophysicist
3,381 Posts
skyline? which skyline? is the duomo and "il pirellone" a skyline?

please let's not speak nonsense.. :)
The new milano will have at least 3 main skyline clusters:
Porta Nuova + Central Station with 7 100m+ (1 UC and the other in prep) and other 3 already built

City Life with 3 170m, 185m, 218m and other 2 100m+ in prep

Milanofiori SUD

We could then consider the 20 110 m towers in Sesto San Giovanni (approved but not imminent)

and the proposals of the towers (one 200m+) close to the EXPO site that should be built in the case of a positive decision for the expo

It is not New York or Bubai but I think you can call it Skyline

·
Batik
4,749 Posts
awesome :drool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts