No More Italian Mod
39,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
11,286 Posts
:eek2:
Wow, that is immense!
I do have a problem though... there seems to be a heigh ceiling at 110m, and some towers seem to look like each other... So I am afraid it would look a little flat, something like modern commieblocks, while made of glass and the buildings are beautiful, it would be a little repetitive.
But on the other hand, it's a whole cluster being created at once, it's great for the Milan skyline!
On the models, I really like the use of trees to cover the highways and other roads, that's the one thing that would have made le Corbusier's projects much better than his idea of pure concrete. Because this project looks inspired by his theories of urban planning, except that it uses glass and trees, much better

·
No More Italian Mod
39,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^
I agree: that's le Corbusier's ideal district :)

About the towers which will look too similar... being only at masterplan status of definition I'm confident that the "true" project of every single building will change from one to another...

·
Banned
216 Posts
it is not ugly but i dont like it, there are to many green areas, skyscrapers are to plain and they dont form cluster

·
Register User
1,688 Posts
i want to vomit....blee its to big to awful. No i am not jealous:)i dont like it simply. we have the buildings like it in suburbs of each town in poland:)maybe quite awful

·
No More Italian Mod
39,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^
It's in Sesto San Giovanni, via Mazzini 5/7, in a former industrial building of Falck areas: you can reach it by getting M1 till SESTO FS, cross the railways and walk for a coupple of hundreds metres, or get down at SESTO MARELLI and get a bus (I don't know what bus... I went by car :) )
Anyway I think the exhibition is over now

Maybe in next months they'll reply it in Triennale as usually they do, even if this time you surely have to pay (however students have reductions DeCoNs ;) )

·
Banned
1,450 Posts
I will check Sesto but anyway I'm sure I won't miss it at triennale, I'm there almost everyday.

thank you :)

·
No More Italian Mod
39,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wisza90 said:
we have the buildings like it in suburbs of each town in poland:)maybe quite awful
You mean "commieblock" towers...

Even in Milan there are many

This is Gallaratese district (where I growt up) for istance

This project is quite different: the towers (most of them 110 m high) have a glass "doubble" skin
Definitely they will look more as many little NYT Tower (who's architect is Renzo Piano himself) that commieblocks

Watch:

NYT Tower

Sesto San Giovanni project towers

Can't you see the shape is very similar, over all regarding the glass "screen" covering the facades?
Obviously in the macquette it doesn't look glassy, but it is

·
Registered
476 Posts
I don't know what to think about it. From one side it looks great from the other rather not. So it will all depends on details, material used. It seems to me, anyway, that skyscrapers are to much scattered. Maybe I'm wrong.
But is this project really possible in Italy?

·
No More Italian Mod
39,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tirupati said:
But is this project really possible in Italy?
Why shuoldn't it be possible? Over all in a city like Milan

I asked to one of the architects who worked to the project how many chances there are to see all the project relized, he answered me "very high" as there is the political will of Sesto San Giovanni municipality and there are many companies interested in and still tryin' to buy spaces of the future district by the current owner (than he added in the project there will be more towers than the ones projected till now)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i dont know if i like it or not . sure, its impressive, but it looks like a communist city in china.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts