Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formerly InTheLoop
485 Posts
Its even better to go during off hours when there are fewer tourists! :wink2:

I live only two blocks from the park, and sadly I don't go as often as I should. I remember when the park wasn't completed, and it felt like my local park. Now it can get overwhelmingly crowded and it just isn't as much fun when there are so many people there. I will say that I enjoy watching the expressions on people when the see the faces on Crown Fountain spew water for the first time.

·
Chicago Enthusiast
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its even better to go during off hours when there are fewer tourists! :wink2:

I live only two blocks from the park, and sadly I don't go as often as I should. I remember when the park wasn't completed, and it felt like my local park. Now it can get overwhelmingly crowded and it just isn't as much fun when there are so many people there. I will say that I enjoy watching the expressions on people when the see the faces on Crown Fountain spew water for the first time.
yeah it can get a little crowded, but I really dont mind crowds. Last night wasn't too bad.

I love seeing peoples reactions when the go underneath The Bean or take pictures next to it.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
yeah it can get a little crowded, but I really dont mind crowds. Last night wasn't too bad.

I love seeing peoples reactions when the go underneath The Bean or take pictures next to it.

Since I'm not downtown too often, and as such this park is not my park, I can honestly say that I love the crowds at Millenium Park. People are constantly amazed at how successful this place is. When I was in St. Louis, I overheard some people talking about Chicago and how awesome Millenium Park is with its constant crowdedness. In this sense, I think M.P. resembles more a plaza, rather than a park.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've worked in the Prudential Building for the last 6 years and have seen the park when it was in construction all the way to today. I can't compare it to other parks I've seen, but it's a very beautiful sight to see and visitors are constantly amazed at the size.

I usually first take visitors up to my office for a view, then we walk down and around the park.

·
less is more
978 Posts
Do we really need a bridge? I'd prefer to see the road section between Michigan & Columbus eliminated so MP can join the Art Institute as one piece. This will make MP seems a bit larger and more beautiful.

Love the place. I'm even looking forward to the Art Institute bridge.

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
Millenium Park is nice, but it's no Billy Goat. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts