Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting Bluwater 2 showflat at Pasir Ris. By Novelty group.

I was just visiting the place for fun without intention to buy. I ask about the Penthouse and I was quoted $2,075,888 for #05-12 (2766 sq ft) which is not facing the sea.

Guess how much is #05-16 (2530 sq ft) which is facing the sea?

You are right.....just add $1 million to get a million dollar view.

#05-16 is now for sale at $3 million.:lol:

·
Rookie
514 Posts
Bluwater 2

I was just visiting the place for fun without intention to buy. I ask about the Penthouse and I was quoted $2,075,888 for #05-12 (2766 sq ft) which is not facing the sea.

Is this development freehold or 999-leasehold?

·
Baby
6,532 Posts
In this case, it's 35% difference between seaview and no seaview.
If you look at the Marina Bay area, the difference is around 35-40% as well for bayview and cityview.
But I think in the Pasir Ris case, the difference could be too steep as the seaview over there can't compare to the Marina bay view. A 20% difference could make more sense.

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The development is 999 yrs.

Aiyo,,,, even at 20% higher still need to sell at $2.4 million.

From what I know 9 penthouse , but 0 sold.

Maybe they are picing themself out of the market.

DTZ is having a hard time as price of this project is double the price of Bluwater 1 launch 1-2 year ago.

98 Posts

yah 2 years ago i went to see caribbean... same thing, sea facing unit is $2 million: $1 million for the unit, $1 million for the view.

·
arkitect
1,326 Posts
I don't understand this thing about a view to the sea. Its not as if we have a shoreline to kill for or we are so landlocked, we get deprived from looking at water. Ever try staring at the sea when the setting sun hits, you'd go blind without shades.....

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
One Month Ago............. I post a message
"The development is 999 yrs.

From what I know 9 penthouse , but 0 sold........"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

How things can change in 1 month.

Now the Penthouses in Jalan Loyang Besar started to sell like hot cakes. It is like someone just wake up and decide it is now a bargain & it is the right property to buy.

A new launch in Coastal View Residence have sold 4 penthouses before launch. (Actual Launch Date 13 July 2007)

$730 psf add up to $1.6 mio for a 2000+ sq ft penthouse. Wow $1.6 million use to buy a River Valley 3 bdroom condo back in 2004.

Bluwater 2 project also see a hugh crowd today. Maybe because it is a beautiful Saturday and everyone want a piece of the action.

Everyone just forget the investment theory "Location, Location, Lo......."

Although I stay around the same area but I look at my home as a unwise investment. Unwise as it is; the price have gone from $730,000 in Feb 2007 to $1.2 million.

Fellow clever investors......................as clever as all we can be, we tend to do stupid things especially when we move like a herd of buffalo. When one change direction, all start to move toward the new untested, unsecure area. When one fall into the great valley all will start jumping in without thinking whether it is a wise thing to do.

Allen Greenspan would have call this "Irrational Exuberance."

Just like Chicken Little says "The Sky Is Falling."

·
Registered
201 Posts

From what I know 9 penthouse , but 0 sold........"

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Now the Penthouses in Jalan Loyang Besar started to sell like hot cakes. It is like someone just wake up and decide it is now a bargain & it is the right property to buy.

A new launch in Coastal View Residence have sold 4 penthouses before launch. (Actual Launch Date 13 July 2007)

$730 psf add up to $1.6 mio for a 2000+ sq ft penthouse. Wow $1.6 million use to buy a River Valley 3 bdroom condo back in 2004.

Bluwater 2 project also see a hugh crowd today. Maybe because it is a beautiful Saturday and everyone want a piece of the action.

Although I stay around the same area but I look at my home as a unwise investment. Unwise as it is; the price have gone from $730,000 in Feb 2007 to $1.2 million.

Fellow clever investors......................as clever as all we can be, we tend to do stupid things especially when we move like a herd of buffalo. When one change direction, all start to move toward the new untested, unsecure area. When one fall into the great valley all will start jumping in without thinking whether it is a wise thing to do.

Is called the March of the Lemmings.

·
Baby
6,532 Posts
When I was at the Casa Merah 3rd day launch in April, the price had gone up from the high end of 500+ to 600+ to 700+ in 2-3 days. At that time, I was surprised suburban like Tanah Merah selling at 700+ for pool facing ? :eek:hno:

If Pasir Ris is selling at 700+ now, does it means Casa Merah was sold at a discount in Apr ? In 2004-2006, can get freehold at Meyer Rd at this price.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey this is good. It will raise the prices of private housing in the Pasir Ris area. This area has severely lacked behind in price appreciation when compared to other areas...

·
Sailing~
759 Posts

Have to agree its like the march of the lemmings..:lol:
However, just got a unit there couple days ago despite telling myself not to buy any more properties everyday for the past year..
Perhaps like how shctaw puts it, its kinda "unwise investment" but a "great place to stay"?? (the sentimental side of property buying seems to have gotten over me for this particular project)
Dunnoe of many other places in singapore where the beach park is literally 5mins walk away. Tho singapore dont really have a decent beach to boast of, a daily walk by the beach with the missus and the dog seems to be a pretty tempting scenario for evenings..
Other investments like sail and parc emily are purely investments.. Being a kampong kid in the east, staying in town doesnt really appeal to me..
But all that said, am vested and thus biased.
Any thoughts or comments from the gurus here?? :cheers:

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Which project you buy?

Pasir Ris Condos at Jalan Loyang Besar last time cost $1 million for a 1200+ sq ft for a 3 bedders back in 2000.

Price have drop to historical low of $500,000 in 2003 with Casa Pasir Ris condo registering a 900 sq ft at only $320,000. How hard it have drop from 2000 to 2003.

I do not advice pasir ris for investment, however if you love the beach it is worth every cent you paid.

After stealing my home from a poor couple back in 2003 at half price, I start to study Pasir Ris. (especially Paris Ris Park)

There is 2 parts of condo in Pasir ris, Group 1 are those in JLB, while Group 2 are the A,B,C,D,E,F at Loyang Ave. (A for Azlea, B for Ballota, etc)

I find Group 1 is the best which is pratically inside Pasir Ris Park. Group 2 I do not want to comment because one men meat is another poison.

Go to URA at maxwell rd and you will know there is a big plan in Pasir Ris Park near Downtown east. I am not talking about the up-coming Cineplex. I am talking about the Beach.

Have to agree its like the march of the lemmings..:lol:
However, just got a unit there couple days ago despite telling myself not to buy any more properties everyday for the past year..
Perhaps like how shctaw puts it, its kinda "unwise investment" but a "great place to stay"?? (the sentimental side of property buying seems to have gotten over me for this particular project)
Dunnoe of many other places in singapore where the beach park is literally 5mins walk away. Tho singapore dont really have a decent beach to boast of, a daily walk by the beach with the missus and the dog seems to be a pretty tempting scenario for evenings..
Other investments like sail and parc emily are purely investments.. Being a kampong kid in the east, staying in town doesnt really appeal to me..
But all that said, am vested and thus biased.
Any thoughts or comments from the gurus here?? :cheers:

·
Baby
6,532 Posts
Which project you buy?

Pasir Ris Condos at Jalan Loyang Besar last time cost $1 million for a 1200+ sq ft for a 3 bedders back in 2000.

Price have drop to historical low of $500,000 in 2003 with Casa Pasir Ris condo registering a 900 sq ft at only $320,000. How hard it have drop from 2000 to 2003.
Has the price over at Pasir Ris now reach the 2000 peak ?

In an up market, it's easy to get influence to chase irrationally after an increasing price.
But when the market slows down, it's also easy to get stuck at the high price.
Even for investment, I think it's also important to assess and understand the average family earning income of most residents living in that area and their affordability and financial holding level when worst case market goes down.

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The highest price ever transacted for Condos in Pasir Ris from 1998 till 2007 is $1.35 million. Size 2939 sq ft & it is a 99 years lease hold project call LightHouse.

However just 2 week ago, we have a transaction of a Penthouse in Bluwater 2 for $2.9 million. I am still trying to clearify with my DTZ agent. (The Penthouse is only 2300-2400 sq fts. This make the SEA-VIEW penthouse unit hit above $1000 psf.

I think the bull run have just hit the Urban Area. I have agent offering me $700,000 for my property with ready buyer in Pasir Ris. That property is my home office call Loyang Garden-1380 sq ft. I joke with him about selling at $850,000, he still reply "He will try his best...." I am shock.

Has the price over at Pasir Ris now reach the 2000 peak ?

In an up market, it's easy to get influence to chase irrationally after an increasing price.
But when the market slows down, it's also easy to get stuck at the high price.
Even for investment, I think it's also important to assess and understand the average family earning income of most residents living in that area and their affordability and financial holding level when worst case market goes down.

·
Sailing~
759 Posts
Which project you buy?

I do not advice pasir ris for investment, however if you love the beach it is worth every cent you paid.

After stealing my home from a poor couple back in 2003 at half price, I start to study Pasir Ris. (especially Paris Ris Park)

There is 2 parts of condo in Pasir ris, Group 1 are those in JLB, while Group 2 are the A,B,C,D,E,F at Loyang Ave. (A for Azlea, B for Ballota, etc)

I find Group 1 is the best which is pratically inside Pasir Ris Park. Group 2 I do not want to comment because one men meat is another poison.

Go to URA at maxwell rd and you will know there is a big plan in Pasir Ris Park near Downtown east. I am not talking about the up-coming Cineplex. I am talking about the Beach.
Totally agree on the group 1 and 2.. I got coastal view residences which i believe to belong to group 1. I know of the plans about the beach, and am quite excited by the prospects. tho not so much for capital appreciation, but the lifestyle it offers.

However, i do have my concerns on HOW LONG the plans will become a reality, seeing the road from jalan loyang besar to pasir ris drv 3 has been in the masterplan since '03, but still not much sign of it happening yet.

:cheers:

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
by the way, is loyang garden 99 or 999??
thanks in advance!
I am not sure, it is either 999 or free hold.

Totally agree on the group 1 and 2.. I got coastal view residences which i believe to belong to group 1. I know of the plans about the beach, and am quite excited by the prospects. tho not so much for capital appreciation, but the lifestyle it offers.

However, i do have my concerns on HOW LONG the plans will become a reality, seeing the road from jalan loyang besar to pasir ris drv 3 has been in the masterplan since '03, but still not much sign of it happening yet.

:cheers:
All plan stated must be completed within 10 years. Not a hard rule though. URA can play around with the dateline. However the road widening in progress now make sense that he project will be starting very soon. Will be complete by 2013.

Once the park connector complete, we may have a big party in Pasir Ris Park.

But a lot of residents here do not know about such thing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah.. for me staying so close to pasir ris park (the elias rd side) i don't know much about the going ons at the downtown east area, cept for that massive mall..

Well over at my side the prices of the private property here is still low, (terrace houses going for 900k or less, semi-Ds 1.1 to 1.2mil, so anything that will help appreciate the prices around this area will be welcomed i think..

You know.. looking at the HDB prices that we have in the east over the past ten years you could see a very drastic change in trend for pricing. In the 1996-1998 period pasir ris, tampines and bishan had the most expensive flats in singapore, but now i could see that its almost one of the lowest..

Any thoughts?

·
余博士
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah.. for me staying so close to pasir ris park (the elias rd side) i don't know much about the going ons at the downtown east area, cept for that massive mall..

Well over at my side the prices of the private property here is still low, (terrace houses going for 900k or less, semi-Ds 1.1 to 1.2mil, so anything that will help appreciate the prices around this area will be welcomed i think..

You know.. looking at the HDB prices that we have in the east over the past ten years you could see a very drastic change in trend for pricing. In the 1996-1998 period pasir ris, tampines and bishan had the most expensive flats in singapore, but now i could see that its almost one of the lowest..

Any thoughts?

Give it some time, fruit need time to ripe.:)
I still own a 4A HDB in Blk 514 Pasir Ris St 52 #14-xx. I have an offer of $298k, but I never intend to sell it.

For sentimental reason and also just in case my investment, business & venture all fail, I still have my flat to live in.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.