SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
KBT Resident & MKE Native
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a first post for this thread, I am currently contacting people who will be able to make little Milwaukee statuettes that I will be selling to all the convention visitors. Think of the statuettes you see in Paris! EX:

It will gigve people a little somthing to remember of their visit to Milwaukee, and consider coming back. The landmarks I have settled on are the Art Mueseum, City Hall, and maaaaybe the Domes. I also would like to sell mini magnets, such as this:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Would the DNC convention be unequivocally the largest event in Milwaukee's history? The only thing I can think of that comes close would be the Harley 100th

·
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would the DNC convention be unequivocally the largest event in Milwaukee's history? The only thing I can think of that comes close would be the Harley 100th
Largest by what metric? By people coming, absolutley not. Summerfest has what, 800,000 attendees?(I get they're not unique but still) Harley fest has 100,000? But in terms of $$ entering the community, absolutley, yeah. In terms of spotlight on the city, this would also be the largest event.

·
Registered
436 Posts
As a first post for this thread, I am currently contacting people who will be able to make little Milwaukee statuettes that I will be selling to all the convention visitors. Think of the statuettes you see in Paris! EX:

It will gigve people a little somthing to remember of their visit to Milwaukee, and consider coming back. The landmarks I have settled on are the Art Mueseum, City Hall, and maaaaybe the Domes. I also would like to sell mini magnets, such as this:
Just my personal opinion, but I would love one with like the top 5 tallest buildings in the city

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Add Gesu Church and Miller Park to the list. These would be great gifts to give someone when out of the country representing our hometown. Not to mention a Harley. I would purchase the full set.

·
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Add Gesu Church and Miller Park to the list. These would be great gifts to give someone when out of the country representing our hometown. Not to mention a Harley. I would purchase the full set.
Are you sure Gesu Church would be better than St. Joesphats?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Largest by what metric? By people coming, absolutley not. Summerfest has what, 800,000 attendees?(I get they're not unique but still) Harley fest has 100,000? But in terms of $$ entering the community, absolutley, yeah. In terms of spotlight on the city, this would also be the largest event.
I think in terms of wealth, and power it'll easily be the most prominent event. There will be some real movers and shakers here in entertainment business and politics. Milwaukee making a favorable impression as a city on the rise could bring in a good deal of new investment.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
$100 dollars is pricey and will not lure tourists to purchase. At this price, I would not be giving them away to people when traveling out of town.

·
🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲
3,389 Posts
You just need to get some Mold-A-Rama machines downtown that make replicas of those landmarks out of stinky melted plastic :lol:

·
🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲 🚲
3,389 Posts
Last October, the Milwaukee County Zoo had special Mold-A-Rama figures available in their machines that looked like different Halloween characters (spooky ghost, devil, vampire, etc.)
How about we get Mold-A-Rama to put machines all around downtown and each one makes a plastic molded version of all the different DNC presidential candidates standing next to a different Milwaukee icon?
You could have Elizabeth Warren standing next to City Hall, Beto next to the art museum, Cory Booker next to US Bank and Bernie next to Turner Hall, of course. :lol:

·
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last October, the Milwaukee County Zoo had special Mold-A-Rama figures available in their machines that looked like different Halloween characters (spooky ghost, devil, vampire, etc.)
How about we get Mold-A-Rama to put machines all around downtown and each one makes a plastic molded version of all the different DNC presidential candidates standing next to a different Milwaukee icon?
You could have Elizabeth Warren standing next to City Hall, Beto next to the art museum, Cory Booker next to US Bank and Bernie next to Turner Hall, of course. :lol:
Why do you give the shit candidates the good landmarks???

1 - 20 of 110 Posts