Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proof:

a spring thread. It's later than all of the other ones, because it was motherfucking cold here until quite recently. And this is the first nice day where I haven't been busy. And btw, HORRAY FOR MY NEW BIKE. Awesome. Except for how my ass and legs feel like DEATH. Apparently going from "not riding a bike for 8 years" to "riding a bike for four straight hours" is a bad plan.

This is the magical music tree. Click it for the song that was stuck in my head the whole time I was taking these pictures. It's by Aqualung, who is almost as cool as the aforementioned bike.

Swank.

I love random shit. Case in point: I stumbled upon a kite festival.

Let me reiterate: Kite. Festival. Too fucking cool.

Walkin' the line.

For those who have wondered what the backs of the Mitchell and Mackie look like:

Haven't seen one of these fuckers in years.

GULLS.

They were marking their territory. Stay away muhfuckas! This be our shitzone.

I told you it was spring.

Hells yeah.

A little bit 'o Southern dialect for ya.

I didn't see any couches on the sidewalks this time. But I did see this:

It was shortly after taking this that I was hit by a car. Don't worry, I'm fine.

That is correct, sir!

[Insert dedication and tearful speech.]

Fin.

:hug:

·
Hi
1,396 Posts
Wow, from these pictures Milwaukee's Skyline doesn't even look that bad. And man, Kilbourn Tower and UV Club tower will REALLY add a TON to the skyline.

·
Banned
592 Posts
^agreed

as much as a bad vibe we seemed to be giving eachother in the milwaukee development thread, i gotta say, great pics man :)

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
awesome pics man!!! Personal favorite parts of the city.

Some of them--especially the one of the Water Tower and that bathroom thing on that hill....look really....drug influenced. :) I dig your style...how you use the photo modifications to the fullest.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
awesome.

-

·
Registered
210 Posts
Those pics are so beautiful and colorful that I can actually smell the blossoms and the breeze comeing off the lake! Nice work CG5, you never disapoint. Well except for one little major complaint though, where the hell is your signiture couch pic?!? Showing one little torn up cushion don't cut it at all! DAMN IT!!!
:)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that's on Lloyd, right by the reservoir. It's definitely up by the reservoir, I'm just not sure which street it's on, exactly.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wow Milwaukee still looks like crap. How stupid are these people building kilbourn and uv. With all the places you can put these buildings they decide to but them on top of each other. Come on can they build them any closer. Also who in there right mind would pay the prices UV is charging. Nothing under a million. Come on this is Milwaukee were talking about. Not up to those prices yet.

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
Milwaukee is by no means ugly anymore. Downtown is vastly improving...as well as some of the gritty areas on the southside, Port of Milwaukee area. The condos in the warehouses and industrial buildings arent everyones cup of tea...but I still dig em.

You should know that these great pics are of only a portion of the surrounding downtown areas! Shame on you for making such broad generalizations! :)

As for KT and UClub towers....I do agree that they are way to close and expensive. Shit, if theres a market for it though--all power to them. It aint my million-3 million dollars. However, the views will be spectacular.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Look like crap?

richardsonhomebuyers said:
Wow Milwaukee still looks like crap. How stupid are these people building kilbourn and uv. With all the places you can put these buildings they decide to but them on top of each other. Come on can they build them any closer. Also who in there right mind would pay the prices UV is charging. Nothing under a million. Come on this is Milwaukee were talking about. Not up to those prices yet.

I am sure there are alot neighborhoods in chicago that look like crap too! You smart ass!!!! by the way that`s how they build on the east-side of Milwaukee. That part of the city has the highest population density also which is what the city needs. They`re trying attract people to move in to the city, not out!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts