SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9,267 Posts
This is why I wonder what's going on behind the scenes....there is just no excuse for us always doing it the wrong way whereas other places consistently do it the right way. There isn't something different in the water! in my view it's meddling and incompetence.

· Registered
9,267 Posts
Check out the Manchester MIPIM web page with all its great video showing a dynamic city ...

http://manchesteratmipim.com

Now look at ours

https://www.investliverpool.com/services/mipim/
Again, I think it all stems from a leadership and wider political and decision making class that don't really have an interest in the city now that the Manchester centric project is fully embedded. It all just feels that for the moment at least the hearts of those that matter just arn't in Liverpool.

Manchester however seems to be basking in a period where people think it can't put a foot wrong.

Times change of course but what's worrying for Liverpool is that we seem to be yang to their ying.

· Registered
9,267 Posts
Unless I’ve missed something what’s happened to Pall Mall....not a mention at Cannes . I’ve Forgotten the timetable wasn’t it supposed to go into planning this year .
Deliberately half arsed.

If this, the hollowed out commercial centre and nothing from Peel doesn't make the penny drop that there is a deliberate policy of offices anywhere but Liverpool then nothing will.

This is not normal, organic city growth.

· Registered
9,267 Posts
Peel have, for their part, been quite open recently about how they have totally failed to attract commercial interest. Hence flipping LW into South Docks mk2 with a stadium in it.
Well then, commercial hobbling of Liverpool mission accomplished. Sorry about that, do you mind if we build a few wendy houses and make endless big announcements about nothing? We do own your waterfront after all and won't do anything to compromise Salford Quays. Haven't you guys got an airport too? oh wait....

I know I know conspiracy theories.....:nuts::eek:hno:

· Registered
9,267 Posts
A friend of mine at MIPIM who's just had a chat with me about the event says Liverpool is making a really good impression, Steve is making all the right noises and so on with a lot of buzz.

Apparently the Manchester stand was flooded out and they had to move.

Whoops.:lol:

· Registered
9,267 Posts
Do realise how childishly bitter you sound?
No. It's not bitterness at all and as usual your comment ignores the tone of many members of the forum at the moment, not just me.

My jibe is no different to the many comments on here from most forum members tired of the status quo, tired of inaction by Peel and so on.
I guess that makes us all 'childish' yes?

Have a day off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.