Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
1,820 Posts
If you factor in commuter lines which run alongside several London Underground lines, then the number is larger. There are probably certain areas where the commuter lines act as express lines to the express lines of the local lines.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATED LIST:

Express lines:
- Kyoto
- London (Metropolitan Line skips stations on Jubilee Line, Piccadilly Line skips stations on District Line, Express on 4-track section between Wembley Park and Watford)
- Melbourne
- Nagoya
- New York City
- Osaka
- Sydney
- Tokyo (four lines)

Skip-stop lines:
- Chicago
- Perth

Express or skipping is pretty common on regional railway lines I think, so I would like to list metro/subway systems only. Not sure whether Melbourne and Perth count as real metro systems.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Would airport express lines count? You have a few of those.

One would be the KLIA (KL International Airport) line.

KLIA express: KL Sentral - KLIA
KLIA transit (commuter): KL Sentral - Bandar Tasik Selatan - Putrajaya - Salak Selatan - KLIA

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was mistaken. In substane, just three in Tokyo have express systems, and one of them doesn't on its underground section. Two in Tokyo and each in Osaka, Nagoya, Kyoto have express systems expediently because interoperated commuter lines do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unsing said:
In Tokyo, four subway lines have express systems. Osaka, Nagoya, Kyoto have them, too.
and Line 13 vs. Yurakucho Line

Also Gaienmae difference for Ginza/ hanzomon line,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Paris's RER skips stops on the way from the Airport (C.Gaul). It freaked me out the first time because I didn't know how to make it stop. (I thought I had to hit a button or something)

·
Banned
5,987 Posts
New York used to have skip-stop service with the 1/9 trains, but they abolished the service and hence the "9" train.

·
metrocard millionaire
1,257 Posts
DonQui said:
New York used to have skip-stop service with the 1/9 trains, but they abolished the service and hence the "9" train.
yeah i hated the skip stop so much on the 9, sometimes you'd have to get off the train just to catch another 1

·
Banned
5,987 Posts
Third of a kind said:
yeah i hated the skip stop so much on the 9, sometimes you'd have to get off the train just to catch another 1
I did too :gaah:

Did not really save that much more time anyways......

·
metrocard millionaire
1,257 Posts
you know the good thing that came out of getting rid of the 9 is that there are more downtown GO's from uptown hitting 242nd, dyckman, and then local again

1 - 20 of 100 Posts