SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 426 Posts

·
16,240 Posts
Just curious how serious is the graffiti problem on your city/country's trains or public transportation? How much does your city or transport network pay to clean it up? Does your city have any vandal squad to catch those bombing?

·
16,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hydrogen said:
In Chicago, you don't see the exterior of trains covered with pieces. Usually, you'll see shitty little scratch bombs carved into the seats or small magic-marker tags. That's about it.
Chicago ;)

·
16,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it was taken during the 80s

Anyway, In Hong Kong, graffiti isn't a serious problem. But when there was a major incident that happened in The KCR and MTR years back that both increased security on it's train yards. They installed CCTV and added more security!

·
16,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deadeye said:
Berlin is graffiti free.
I don't know about today but Germany had massive graffiti on it's railway transits whether they may be commuters or metros.

·
16,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hydrogen said:
I wouldn't even call graffiti on trains a "problem." I love the way cars look dripping with graffiti.
Some metro companies spend alot of money cleaning up graf from both outside and inside of subway trains. If it's not a serious problem, why the heavy fines?

·
16,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly I don't have a problem with seeing graf on the outside trains that is if they were pieces. But if they were just plain tags or throw-ups than that's a different story :)

·
SSC addict
423 Posts
WANCH said:
Honestly I don't have a problem with seeing graf on the outside trains that is if they were pieces. But if they were just plain tags or throw-ups than that's a different story :)
they look better than advertising liveries :sleepy:

·
Premium Member
18,789 Posts
No London Underground trains are allowed to run with pieces or painted / pen tags on them. The windows are generally etched heavily though.

All of the linesides are now painted a neutral dark brown colour too, so the Tube is pretty much graffiti-free nowadays.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The presence of graffiti creates a sense of lawlessness. Graffiti gives a sense that the authorities cannot control what happens on the trains. The passengers are left with the feeling that they are not safe on the trains. This is what happened in New York City during the 1970's when the graffiti problem was rampant on the subway system. There was a severe drop in ridership, which led to further financial problems for the subway system, which led to a downward spiral in service. The subway system now aggressively combats graffiti; however, the image problem remains. Young women in particular are reluctant to ride the subway due to concerns about crime.

M

·
0 Posts
I like graffiti, but not vandalism. I like good-looking paintings on walls in places where it don't devastate buildings. But graffiti on trains is always an act of vandalism :(

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
WANCH said:
I think it was taken during the 80s...

1980s????? :bash: :bash: :bash: You're pulling everybody's legs! This news article was came from Apple Daily. The paper didn't establish until 1996! Also, the original Yellow cab Metro-Cammell train (Today's Alscom) since 1982 had been refurbrished into the shape you see in the late 1990s! :bash:

·
Banned
6,848 Posts
In Barcelona, in TMB trains outside trains sometimes have some "tags", and another graffiti.
In FGC trains it's impossible see any train with graffitis.
In TRAM trams the same than FGC.
In RENFE trains... in many trains are a lot of graffitis >(

·
Registered
760 Posts
hkth said:
1980s????? :bash: :bash: :bash: You're pulling everybody's legs! This news article was came from Apple Daily. The paper didn't establish until 1996! Also, the original Yellow cab Metro-Cammell train (Today's Alscom) since 1982 had been refurbrished into the shape you see in the late 1990s! :bash:
He wasnt talking about the picture, he was answering hydrogen's question.

1 - 20 of 426 Posts