SkyscraperCity banner

421 - 426 of 426 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,395 Posts
The level of graffiti in Belgium disgusts me. :/
Nothing is really done to tackle the problem. Most trains at night are in trainyards that are not or very poorly garded. It really invites graffiti painters...Belgium needs to tackle the problem in similar way like NYC does. The only country I've seen in Europe that does worse is Italy. There wasn't a single train or metro in Rome that wasn't painted completely full and I mean completely!

like this!: :nuts:

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Nothing is really done to tackle the problem. Most trains at night are in trainyards that are not or very poorly garded. It really invites graffiti painters...Belgium needs to tackle the problem in similar way like NYC does.
Agreed. When I visited Brussels in 2009, there were many of the buildings in downtown, surrounding the train stations, were tagged as well.

·
Super Moderator
18,518 Posts
I havent seen graffitti on a train in Stockholm for many years.
I had a bit of an issue at Vårby Gård. Some little thugs jumped the fence and started tagging the train. For safety purposes the driver didn't take off until they had finished. But once they had finished the train did proceed to Norsborg before being taken out of service and cleaned. Trains aren't allowed to run with graffiti here which I think is great.

On a side note, though. I did take pictures of the morons tagging the train and sent them to the police and SL. Hopefully they'll be taken to task.

421 - 426 of 426 Posts