Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts

There's a Gap on top of the Hollywood and Highland subway station on the Los Angeles Metro's Red Line...sometimes I'll buy khakis from there. :lol:

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
London has signs, and a voice playing on a continuous loop that says "mind the gap" Kindof became a running joke between my brother and i while we were there

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
Your wittiness astounds me.

Any pics of REAL gaps?
Our platform gaps are not very wide as our system was built after the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act; all of our rail stations are wheelchair-accessible.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our platform gaps are not very wide as our system was built after the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act; all of our rail stations are wheelchair-accessible.
Has the DDA ever heard of a ramp? :|

Anyway, what system is it?

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
Has the DDA ever heard of a ramp? :|

Anyway, what system is it?
What's DDA? Dance Dance Aerolution? :lol:
Our system in Los Angeles is called Metro Rail. There's not much of a gap:

Red Line at Union Station (Heavy Rail)

Gold Line at Union Station (Light Rail)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, it's called the Disability Discrimination Act here... I get too fussed with slagging it off I forget that it's not called that elsewhere!

Sorry but... what's the city that this Metro Rail is in?

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
Sorry, it's called the Disability Discrimination Act here... I get too fussed with slagging it off I forget that it's not called that elsewhere!

Sorry but... what's the city that this Metro Rail is in?
Los Angeles, USA

·
"There It Is, Take It!"
981 Posts
London has signs, and a voice playing on a continuous loop that says "mind the gap" Kindof became a running joke between my brother and i while we were there
London is the World Capital of Metro Gaps.

·
Gotta lite?
6,062 Posts
Gaps would tend to be found on older metro's which have curved platforms. Generally speaking they don't make curved platforms anymore, so late starters in the metro world would probably not have gaps. Also, cities that have grid systems on the streets and lines that run underneath (cut & cover) would also tend to be quite straight.

·
17,176 Posts
Paris metro has a lot of gaps

Sorry I didn't found picture with train :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
As I said in the subway bashing thread Singapore is a little bit strange about the gap in the MRT: I didn't see any curved platforms (are there any?) but in the train there is a "please mind the gap" annoucement before every station. Quite boring in fact.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As I said in the subway bashing thread Singapore is a little bit strange about the gap in the MRT: I didn't see any curved platforms (are there any?) but in the train there is a "please mind the gap" annoucement before every station. Quite boring in fact.
Is there any kind of gap? Like a step up or step down? Seems incredibly excessive to announce it at every station...

New York, Paris and London's systems are the best because they have stuff like... gaps!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts