Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In Russia we have only such ones, because RZD is a monopoly railway operator. what tickets do you have in your country?

(Moscow - St.Petesburg ticket, costs 23 USD or 17 EUR)

·
A very cool person
1,294 Posts
China's rail operators uses standarized tickets such as these.

·
Super Moderator
22,309 Posts
In the UK we have these, they seem to be smaller than other countries i've been to, credit card size.

There are also bigger ones that you get if you order by post or internet but I don't have a photo.

·
Is it a bee?
382 Posts
French train tickets are ridiculously huge (like 15-20 cm (5-6.5 inches) wide)

The funniest part is that the french rail company likes them so much that they are also used to make the saving cards (they are folded though).

·
Reregistered User
139 Posts
The Belgian train tickets are alike the French tickets too. The exact measurement of a ticket is 8,2 x 20,3 cm.

This is a one-way ticket from the village of Zele to the airport of Brussels. The distance is approximately 35 km. The ticket price is €6,80.

·
SSC addict
423 Posts
In the UK we have these, they seem to be smaller than other countries i've been to, credit card size.

There are also bigger ones that you get if you order by post or internet but I don't have a photo.
There used to be different colour versions too,there were green tickets for weekly tickets and grey for monthly tickets but they stopped these about a year ago to have standardised orange tickets :(

·
Reregistered User
139 Posts
This is a train ticket from Paris to Brussels (260 km as a pigeon would fly). The price was only €10 because that summer Thalys (the high-speed train service connecting Paris with Brussels and a few other cities) gave special promotions for their 10th anniversary.

The standard one-way ticket price would be €78. There is however a fare called smilys which lets you make a return journey for only €54.

6,80 euros for 35km?? Deamn :D... Here it's like 1,2 Euros.
The Belgian railways (NMBS/SNCB) still have the lowest fares in western Europe. They regularly have special promotions as well.
And if you're younger then 26 then you can also buy a go-pass which costs €45. With this ticket you can make 10 trips at the rate of €4,5 per journey to any station in the country. So you can travel from one side of the country to the other side for only €4,5! I don't think there are similar tickets in neighbouring countries. Please, someone prove me wrong if this isn't true ;)

A partially filled in go-pass looks like this:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Dutch tickets. The modern credit-card sized ones are the most common. The one below is an old-style one that you can get from some ticket offices.

·
Super Moderator
22,309 Posts
Nefast;13433768And if you're younger then 26 then you can also buy a [I said:
go-pass[/I] which costs €45. With this ticket you can make 10 trips at the rate of €4,5 per journey to any station in the country. So you can travel from one side of the country to the other side for only €4,5! I don't think there are similar tickets in neighbouring countries. Please, someone prove me wrong if this isn't true ;)
Yes, but from one side of Belgium to the other only takes 10 minutes the country is so small ;)

In the UK, a Young Persons Rail Card (16-25 or full time student) gives a one third discount on most fares and costs £20, you can get some good cheap deals on UK rail (eg £16.50 return London-Manchester - 580km round trip) or you can pay a fortune (£340 London-Manchester first class flexible ticket without railcard) if you don't know how to get the cheap tickets.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since Luxembourg is small, there are only two Kinds of Regular Tickets which allow you to use all forms of Public Transportation.

The KUERZSTRECKEBILLJEE (Short Distance Ticket, yellow) is valid one Hour after Devaluation, and in case of Trains allow a maximal Travel Distance of six Cases on the Rail Map.

The OEKO-BILLJEE (red) is valid the whole Day and allows to Travel any Distance in the Country.

International Train Tickets look similar to the Belgian ones.

·
Registered Melbourne
4,166 Posts
Tickets on V/Line, the regional railway system in Victoria, Australia: the first ticket is for a reserved seat service, procured 7 minutes before the train arrived. I guess the fancy strips below and on the side are some effort here to stop you counterfeiting tickets (they don't look like that on the tickets).

The 2nd journey (partly by bus) was about 170 km.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Hand-made spanish ticket from Latour de Carol (french border station) to Girona via Barcelona. 268 kilometers, two trains needed.

Single ticket from Balaguer to Girona. I needed to take three trains (and more than 6 hours) to complete my 304 km journey.

One-day french ticket for young people (only valid in weekends) valid for the Metro and the first three RER zones from Paris.

Note: pictures are not at the same scale.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts