SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Had no idea this movie existed. Impressed that they really filmed a bunch of it here, and used some legit Milwaukee references. Unfortunately, they still played off of a bunch of the old, tired stereotypes - not even fully accurate then.

"Milwaukee.... they should bottle it and sell it as Valium!" - Admittedly, I did laugh a little at that one!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had no idea this movie existed. Impressed that they really filmed a bunch of it here, and used some legit Milwaukee references. Unfortunately, they still played off of a bunch of the old, tired stereotypes - not even fully accurate then.

"Milwaukee.... they should bottle it and sell it as Valium!" - Admittedly, I did laugh a little at that one!
I remember this. The funniest part is when he swats a mosquito... on Thanksgiving Day.

·
KBT Resident & MKE Native
689 Posts
This for some reason has 1.6 million views.

And here is a compilation of Wisconsin in (mostly old) movies. About half the time they talk about Milwaukee. Here (Speaking of Wisconsin, I believe the founder of SSC is from Appleton)

Edit: Let's not forget parts of home alone where shot up here, including in Mitchell Airport.

Edit 2: Bridesmaids.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new Incredibles movie had a reference to Wisconsin, I actually think that Wisconsin is the only REAL city/state/country etc. that's been confirmed to be in that universe, which is kind of cool. All of the other cities and states and countries that they've stated are all made up... but then there's Wisconsin.

·
Registered
🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲🚲
3,453 Posts
Joe Pera shot his latest Adult Swim series “Joe Pera Talks with You” entirely in Milwaukee and the upper peninsula of Michigan. It’s pretty damn funny and plenty of recognisable parts of Milwaukee are in it, including Leon’s Frozen Custard.

·
Crankbaiter
1,262 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not going to lie, I was surprised to see Green Bay in the first one. People often forget about how nice it is up there. It's usually overlooked by Milwaukee or Madison (which wasn't even mentioned, which I feel is wrong, but oh well), but Green Bay is a great area, that is also turning around and growing as well.

1 - 20 of 298 Posts