Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Rail & Road traveller
2,804 Posts
In H0 scale (1:87) there is the Faller Car System, that guides road vehicle models using cables under the model road.

I thought about getting that, but the vehicles have to be charged also they cost about 90 EUR each (trucks up to 110 EUR) , if you want some traffic it gets expensive.

But its fascinating to plan and build roads, fix the thread underneath and see those tiny cars run.

·
Rail & Road traveller
2,804 Posts
The system I heard has a charger where the car pulls into it on it's own charger and charges up and gets back to driving on the city streets.
So it works at the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, the worlds biggest model railway. I dont now if they have done this self charging system on their own.

Faller probably have fully digitalized vehicles by now as the modeltrains which you can control with sound, lights and program movements.

But it's toys for men with lots of ca$h and spare time.

I have been doing modeltrain layouts since I was 5 years old, building layouts with rail and road, no moving cars though. If you buy your equippment on ebay, it's affordable and an interesting hobby.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts