Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! In 2 days I will be going to Santa Clara for the first time in my life! I will be staying a resort, but I am planning on leaving the resort and exploring the city. Is there anything I should know? Can you give me any tips?

Also, how does one purchase marijuana in Cuba? :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Creo que el consumo de cualquier droga estupefaciente en Cuba es severamente sancionado, con penas de larga duracion. Una cosa es ir a disfrutar de vacaciones, la otra conocer su realidad penitenciaria, y además no hay muchos acuerdos de repatriación de detenidos extranjeros.

Illicit Drug's use is hardly punished in Cuba, with long imprisionment. Don't fool mixing holidays with knowing the crude reality of prisons, besides there are not many agreements to repatriate foreign detainees.

·
Pro SP fiant eximia
6,608 Posts
I don't advise do it, is better you smoke your marijuana before to go, in Cuba you can smoke a good cuban cigar.

Enjoy your trip, i have no tips about Santa Clara, but in Habana a good place to go is the Tropicana Cabaret Club and too the Gran Teatro Garcia Lorca, dont forget to take many photos and then make a thread for us.

Good Luck. :eek:kay:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi everyone! In 2 days I will be going to Santa Clara for the first time in my life! I will be staying a resort, but I am planning on leaving the resort and exploring the city. Is there anything I should know? Can you give me any tips?

Also, how does one purchase marijuana in Cuba? :)
What planet do you live on? Have you ever watched the movie "Midnight Express" about a guy caught with a small amount of marijuana in Turkey and the hell he went thru in the jails of Turkey. Thats exactly whats going to happen to you if the Cuban government finds you with any amount of marijuana.

·
pjortas
7 Posts
!hola! For a 2 weeks I will be going to Cuba first time. I will be staying in Varadero, but I am want rent a car and see West Cuba (I have reservation hotels in: Soroda, Vinales, Cienfuegos, Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus). Is there anything interesing to see? Can you give me info, what interesing is in this places or near this palces?
Thanks a lot and all the best from Poland

·
BOBBY_SWIN
396 Posts
!hola! For a 2 weeks I will be going to Cuba first time. I will be staying in Varadero, but I am want rent a car and see West Cuba (I have reservation hotels in: Soroda, Vinales, Cienfuegos, Trinidad and Sancti Spiritus). Is there anything interesing to see? Can you give me info, what interesing is in this places or near this palces?
Thanks a lot and all the best from Poland
hello, well i see you've booked only the touristical places in cuba, but i will tell you some imformation about that.
soroda an vinales, are located in pinar del rio, on the very west of the island, are rural places, where you can enjoy of the beautifull cuban landscapes, also, can visit the tobacco plantations in cuba.
trinidad, is rather a tematical city, it was built in the XVI century, and its exactly like it was by that time, is a very good example of colonial cuban arquitecture, and is rather small and easy to visit, people are also very friendly and very used to the tourism.
sancti espiritus and cienfuegos, are mayor cities on the orient of cuba, they have no any exeptional thing, but, if you're an arqchtecture lover, you will see many cuban neo-clasic style buildings, which are very different from the XIX century buildings you must be used to see in europe, the cuban neo-classic style, is based on over-human proportions, but adapted to the cuban weather conditions, and also pinted in different colours, something that make the buildings impressive but closer at the time to the people, something that, till 1920's was very strange to see.
hope had helped you and wish you a nice trip :)

·
BOBBY_SWIN
396 Posts
ahh... those freshly rolled cigars.

Did you know that those cigars are rolled by young kids?
In cuba childrens are not allowed to work till 18, and its obligatory to have a secundary course level (if any child leaves school, before 16, their parents goes directly to the jail).
tobacco cigars, are planted, prepared and rolled by proffetionals, that have more than 20 years of experience, whose parents, where also dedicated to the tobacco production, actualy, cuban tobacco plants has nothing espetial, what makes it the best cigars in the world, is the experience of the people who make it.

·
BOBBY_SWIN
396 Posts
What planet do you live on? Have you ever watched the movie "Midnight Express" about a guy caught with a small amount of marijuana in Turkey and the hell he went thru in the jails of Turkey. Thats exactly whats going to happen to you if the Cuban government finds you with any amount of marijuana.
In cuba, if you enter with marihuanna in the airport, you'll be catched at the arport, and send back to your contry, you will be fined to pay, the cost of your travel back, and wont be allowed to enter again in the country.
if you try to pursh marihuanna inside of cuba, probably, the first person you ask to, will go to notice the police, that will arrest you,m till your country authority take you out of the country, and you will also be fined.
so, to sum up, if you're going to cuba, and you're a mh smoker, smoke a lot before taking your flight.

·
Registered
222 Posts
In cuba childrens are not allowed to work till 18, and its obligatory to have a secundary course level (if any child leaves school, before 16, their parents goes directly to the jail).
tobacco cigars, are planted, prepared and rolled by proffetionals, that have more than 20 years of experience, whose parents, where also dedicated to the tobacco production, actualy, cuban tobacco plants has nothing espetial, what makes it the best cigars in the world, is the experience of the people who make it.
I do not know about children making cigars, but my sister was 12 years old and was sent by her school to work the fields in Cuba. So the statement that children do not work in Cuba is wrong!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I do not know about children making cigars, but my sister was 12 years old and was sent by her school to work the fields in Cuba. So the statement that children do not work in Cuba is wrong!

That's right, How they call it ,, o yea I remember now,, Escuela al Campo and it begins as soon as you get the 7 grade. now I can see that I payed for my studies, ummmm interesting, so the 18 years information was not accurate, by the way you can tell too, that also all child's on the very day of their 7 anniversary they lose the right to by milk. i don't know if that fact and some of others are that easy to forget for cubans that were born in Cuba,,, I simply do not understand

·
BOBBY_SWIN
396 Posts
That's right, How they call it ,, o yea I remember now,, Escuela al Campo and it begins as soon as you get the 7 grade. now I can see that I payed for my studies, ummmm interesting, so the 18 years information was not accurate, by the way you can tell too, that also all child's on the very day of their 7 anniversary they lose the right to by milk. i don't know if that fact and some of others are that easy to forget for cubans that were born in Cuba,,, I simply do not understand
Escuela al campo, was Forbiden in cuba by 1990's for childrens under 18.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That never happened to dozens of my friends, and I'm sure those "laws" are never carried out, as with many other laws in Cuba.. they'rejust there to give the impression of "order" when there is none.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Escuela al campo, was Forbiden in cuba by 1990's for childrens under 18.
But it was still allowed until recently (I believe 'till one or two months ago), and it is (or was) a great hipocritical act, to establish these forced labor camps as means to support the dictatorship, but what can we do... it is a dictatorship after all... My brother himself had to go to the escuelas del campo and the conditions there where far below horrible... perhaps 5th world country conditions? I don't know, at least I would think that African children would not eat better quality food than their Cuban counterparts in las escuelas del campo, but I'm pretty sure they did... which is highly paradoxical, since these children-slaves' assigned tasks were to spend entire days picking up food staples such as Boniato and Potatoes under the roasting sun. But anyways.. everything about the fidelist dictatorship is paradoxical, and inhumane, at best. :crazy:

·
Banned
0 Posts
SSC Cuba | Preguntas, Sugerencias y/o Solicitudes

Hello
My name is Maitê. I'm from Brazil. I've a project, called Downtown. It's a collaborative tumblr, where people can publish photos from their cities. I would like to invite you to send a picture too. The url is: http://downtownproject.tumblr.com
Sorry about my English.
Thanks for your time
Maitê

1 - 20 of 41 Posts