SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Modern districts and suburbs of Thessaloniki (own shots) First part: Kalamaria and Pylaia in south-eastern Thessaloniki.

Kalamaria suburb
Kalamaria suburb, with a population of 120.000 inhabitants is one of the best areas in Thessaloniki with large streets, shops and cafes looking to Thermaic Bay. After 80s many people from Thessaloniki came to Kalamaria and still coming to live.

Modern lowrises

Residential construction booming in Kalamaria, south-east Thessaloniki. There was nothing here eight-ten years before:

View to Thermaic Bay and Perea suburb, on the opposite side of the Bay

Pylaia suburb
With Malls, colleges, fun parks and modern lowrises, Pylaia now is one of the most modern districts of Thessaloniki and also it is one of the best candidates for skyscrapers. The area has easy access to and from the city, since the plot of land is adjacent to the ring road.

Makedonia shopping mall:

1st Media Markt in Thessaloniki. Another one will be built in Oraiokastro suburb, northern Thessaloniki.

more soon...

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
Just a THANK YOU won't be enough for this contribution skylineearth. Kalamaria and Pylaia develop into one of the most modern areas in Europe. Please show us more!!! :)

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks Gregory and Giorgos. This city has many hidden surprises that I haven't discovered yet. I'll post photos from Pylaia area soon. Also there is a 11th floor nice residental in Pylaia that I would like to show here.

Is there any new developments here we should consider?
Hm, if you mean in Pylaia I see some buildings constructing. More pictures soon.

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
skylinearth said:
...Also there is a 11th floor nice residental in Pylaia that I would like to show here...

A-ha, The plot thickens!!! :naughty:

·
SSC Veteran
10,765 Posts
Πολύ ωραίες φωτογραφίες skylinearth :eek:kay: . Αν μπορείς βγάλε και μερικές από τις περιοχές όπου θα υπάρχουν στάσεις μετρό στο μέλλον, thanks :hug:

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kostya said:
Πολύ ωραίες φωτογραφίες skylinearth :eek:kay: . Αν μπορείς βγάλε και μερικές από τις περιοχές όπου θα υπάρχουν στάσεις μετρό στο μέλλον, thanks :hug:
Σύμφωνα με προχθεσινή δήλωση μέχρι τέλη Μαΐου θα στηθούν τα εργοτάξια του μετρό σε πέντε σημεία της πόλης και συγκεκριμένα απο τον Σιδηροδρομικό Σταθμό μέχρι την περιοχή της ΔΕΘ. Οπότε θα βγάλω φωτογραφίες μαζί με τα εργοτάξια

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
mpravo megale, great pictures!!

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Έυγε skylinearth :applause:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Wow great stuff!

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The 11-storey residential in Pylaia that I promised to show here, it's not something special, just higher from the usual in this city.

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
WHAT?!!! Talking about the first Greek highrise of the new millennium?

Hold it, hold it, hold it right there... Ώπα που λέμε και στη γλώσσα μας!!!

Τι είναι αυτό; :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

..and to put it in English so that visitors understand, and here, they do need to understand, what the heck is this?

There are in my view, two alternative hypotheses:

1. If I judge it by the facts I know about the building codes in Greece, then this has to be the biggest violation of these regulations in this country ever. There is no snowball chance in hell that this building would ever be built if it was illegal. I know about horror stories regarding buildings that have been built in violation of the existing laws, but this was for the nicking of a few extra square metres sideways. I know from my experience that there is no chance to add a single floor or even a penthouse or a loft or service room in a building in Greece if the laws do not permit it. I also know that the general limit of buildings in Greece at the moment is around 7 storeys. So, no chance that this is illegal which takes us to the alternative II:

2. The building is legal. This means that it has been built in accordance to the existing laws, and consequently, this also means that the existing laws, for whatever reason allows the construction of such buildings in the area.

Mind you that 11 storeys with the Greek floor counting system count for 12 floors above the ground, counting the ground floor. If this is the case, I would like (before I take the plane or the train to come over there for a few hours) the address of the damn thing to put it in Emporis.

I cannot, repeat, cannot stress the importance of this event and certainly, not the foreign visitors but also, the Greek friends here can understand what it is to break the single digit floor number after 25 years... Not unless they are at my age and know what I know and seen what I have seen all those years...

I don't know what will be next, but judging from the attitude we have as a nation, expect other buildings of "similar size" to pop up near it. If, by the way, you see anything say around 15 floors (which is clearly a highrise) or 14 or whatever, then behold:

A new era will begin. Like I said: You don't understand the meaning and the significance of what we see above. It goes beyond the addition of say 5-10 metres to the usual heights of the buildings built in Greece. And it certainly looks above 35 metres in height which is the cutoff point for a highrise according to emporis.com

If you see anything of similar height or taller ready to be built or under construction there, please notify me immediately!!!

Αυτό ήτανε!!! Αρχίζει!!! :banana: :cucumber:

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
Sorry about the emotional outburst but I haven't seen this thing in Greece for a veeeeeeery long time....

ΚΑΛΟΡΙΖΙΚΟ ΚΑΡΝΤΑΣΙΑ... ΑΝΤΕ ΚΑΙ ΑΛΛΑ ΤΕΤΟΙΑ!!!

·
Simple User
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
gm2263 said:
ΚΑΛΟΡΙΖΙΚΟ ΚΑΡΝΤΑΣΙΑ... ΑΝΤΕ ΚΑΙ ΑΛΛΑ ΤΕΤΟΙΑ!!!
Εμ, συγνώμη Γρηγόρη αλλά ξέχασα να πώ οτι το κτίριο αυτό δεν είναι και τόσο καινούργιο και σίγουρα έχει πολλά χρόνια που χτίστηκε, απλά μου τράβηξε την προσοχή και το φωτογράφησα και κακώς το πόσταρα σ'αυτό το threαd. Όμως σε πολές βόλτες στην πόλη έχω δει κάποια κτίρια καινούργια λίγο πάνω απο το όριο που είναι 8 όροφοι χωρίς το ισόγειο, όπως ένα νεόκτιστο κτίριο κοντά στην πλατεία Βαρδαρίου που έχει 10 ορόφους με το ισόγειο, καθώς και τα νεόκτιστα commieblocks στην Μενεμένη που δεν θυμάμαι πόσους ορόφους έχουν, σίγουρα πάνω απο 8.

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
Φίλε μου, έχουμε δεκάδες 8όροφα + ισόγειο στην Αθήνα και μάλιστα χαρακτηριστικά ξέρεις που; Στο Παλαιό Φάληρο, μεταξύ άλλων, μιλώντας πάντα για κατοικία.

Το κτίριο που φαίνεται απο πάνω, εγώ το κόβω για μετά το 1990 αν και τέτοιες κατασκευές μπορεί να έχουν χτιστεί και παλαιότερα. Απλά, μου κανει εντύπωση γιατι νόμιζα ότι η Θεσαλονίκη δεν είχε ξεφύγει από την κατάρα των έστω 8+ημιόροφο+ισόγειο. Σε κάθε περίπτωση το παραπάνω κτίσμα είναι ενδιαφέρον, γιατι είναι χαρακτηριστικά ψηλό, και το ύψος δεν προερχεται από "κλέψιμο", δηλαδή έναν ή δύο ημιορόφους που ο δέυτερος είναι 2 μέτρα σκάρτα και χρησιμοποιείται σαν αποθήκη ή άνω όρογφος καφετέριας και τέτοιες λαμογιές. Είναι βρε παιδί μου 11 ή 12 όροφοι κανονικοί με τα μπαλκονια τους και μετρούνται στο σύνολο. Το κτίριο έχει τέτοιο ύψος που άνετα θα το ονομάζαμε και "πύργο" με τα δεδομένα της δεκαετίας του 70.

Πάντως δε μου φαίνεται και τόσο παλιό... Για να καταλάβετε, για ένα παλίογερο σνα κι' εμένα, το 1990 είναι ακόμα "πρόσφατο παρελθόν" :lol: Ε, λοιπόν με αυτή τη σημειολογία το κτίριο μου φαίνεται σχετικά "πρόσφατο".

Άντε, που είναι ο kostya να συγκινηθεί...

·
Toronto and Athens
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
5,278 Posts
skylinearth said:
Εμ, συγνώμη Γρηγόρη αλλά ξέχασα να πώ οτι το κτίριο αυτό δεν είναι και τόσο καινούργιο και σίγουρα έχει πολλά χρόνια που χτίστηκε, απλά μου τράβηξε την προσοχή και το φωτογράφησα και κακώς το πόσταρα σ'αυτό το threαd. Όμως σε πολές βόλτες στην πόλη έχω δει κάποια κτίρια καινούργια λίγο πάνω απο το όριο που είναι 8 όροφοι χωρίς το ισόγειο, όπως ένα νεόκτιστο κτίριο κοντά στην πλατεία Βαρδαρίου που έχει 10 ορόφους με το ισόγειο, καθώς και τα νεόκτιστα commieblocks στην Μενεμένη που δεν θυμάμαι πόσους ορόφους έχουν, σίγουρα πάνω απο 8.

Ρε Skylinearth,

Νομίζω πως η φωτογραφία σου άφησε τον GM με καρδιακή προσβολή!

:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

·
The Jedi Will Rise Again
13,076 Posts
Ναι βρε τρελλοκαναδε, πήγε η ψυχή μου στην Κούλουρη που λέμε.

Πάντως, για να πάρετε μια ιδέα για το ύψος αυτόύ του κτιρίου, πρέπει να είναι στο ίδιο ύψος με αυτό εδώ στην Αθήνα.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=166353

...clearly a highrise... :)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts