SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to start a new tread on modern hotels around the world. Please post and comment on modern hotels only!!! Cheers!!!

Marina Bay Sands Singapore

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
St Regis Singapore

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it does look modern. And anyways people don't usually consider hotels based on how modern it is (you don't need a robot to serve you). It is certainly above average in terms of modernity, that's my opinion. However, you can't deny the fact that it is the most expensive hotel, and has the longest, highest outdoor infinity pool and skypark with magnificent view of the skyline, that's just some additional features besides it's modernity.

http://www.luxurylaunches.com/hotels_and_resorts/the_worlds_most_expensive_hotel_opens_up_with_the_worlds_largest_outdoor_pool_at_55th_storey.php

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think it does look modern. And anyways people don't usually consider hotels based on how modern it is (you don't need a robot to serve you). It is certainly above average in terms of modernity, that's my opinion. However, you can't deny the fact that it is the most expensive hotel, and has the longest, highest outdoor infinity pool and skypark with magnificent view of the skyline.
Its not about robots, pools etc. its the design that isnt modern. Look at the rooms. Thats not a modern interior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
alright then probably it doesn't fall into the category of being modern (at least not what most people would associate it with), it's a great hotel nonetheless. Enough of MBS, let's see the other forumers post more modern hotels. cheers.

Anyways, the thread title is not about the Most Modern, I believe it was meant to showcase any hotel that is not old and traditional like those great hotels you find in Paris, etc. Generally new modern hotels in all parts of the world. =)

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What about these then:

Concorde Berlin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Armani Burj Khalifa Dubai

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Singapore

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the idea of a swimming pool on the roof, looks interesting but i think i will be to afraid to swim in it)
The pool is actually very safe!! It doesnt really end at the edge of the skypark.:)

·
Banned
861 Posts
I like the idea of a swimming pool on the roof, looks interesting but i think i will be to afraid to swim in it)
I like Armani Dubai, Dubai itself is modern.

this might be off topic, anyways just watch this video to get an idea of how safe it is. =) after the drainage, there's still another floor below where people can walk. so it is 360 degrees for people to walk around.

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong

Parkroyal Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,069 Posts
some interieurs of hotels here in belgium..

Be Manos Hotel brussels

van der valk hotel brussels

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice! Love the Be Manos one the most. Really want to visit Brussels one day....

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,069 Posts
yeah its a great and lovely hotel! to sad the location is not really in brussels best neighbourhood :/ but yeah.. i loved it;)

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then which part of Brussels is a good place for tourist to stay? Any hotels recommendations?

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Love the shape is it open or still under construction??? The last time i went to melbourne, i stayed at Park Hyatt. Anyway here's Park Hyatt in Beijing:

·
Still Comin' Out Strong
15,852 Posts

I got these from the Angola section, showcasing Luanda's amazing transformation in a mere 8 years of political stability.
thanks to Matthias Offodile for posting 'em :cheers1:

·
threeyearson.
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Luanda is really tranforming rapidly!!! It maybe the Dubai of the future!!

1 - 20 of 386 Posts