Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
336 Posts
Xusein could you change the title to "Xarunta Gobolka Banaadir" or "Banaadir Municipal Office".

This is not the 1930s.
They built it, they name it. Okay if you want UNESCO approval they require the sight to have name of the largest collaborator before Independence which was Italians who added and renovated horridly backward building without electricity and running water but no!you my Somali compatriot want to change the name into a language that cannot agree on how to spell the word "dog". This building should be named in Italian, just like the roads built by the Italians and what pings me off the worst Jowhar. Okay Jowhar was not on the map before Duke Abruuzi built it with his own hands. He abdicated his throne to look after the city and country he loves and died in town leaving his beloved Somali wife.But our race our ummah want to sadly rename the name the town he rightfully built just so it suit our isolationist views. If we support the changing of the name of this building we are no different than Siyad Barre.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
A colonized mind is a hideous thing to witness. Ironic considering the Italians actually understood Mogadishu was an ancient city with enough architecture to directly challenge their supremacist anti-African views.

F'ck this little building, you can have it as long we get our bad ass ancient city walls & other old structures back that your heroes tore down. Despite their efforts the old quarters survived even to this day.

·
Banned
336 Posts
A colonized mind is a hideous thing to witness. Ironic considering the Italians actually understood Mogadishu was an ancient city with enough architecture to directly challenge their supremacist anti-African views.

F'ck this little building, you can have it as long we get our bad ass ancient city walls & other old structures back that your heroes tore down. Despite their efforts the old quarters survived even to this day.
They are not my heroes and they never destroyed anything. In Australia, only British Somaliland is considered colonised whereas Italian Somaliland is considered Equal Protectorate that gave Somalis a vote after WWII. Hector I would like to ask you what Italian descended Somalis will think of this, whose parents and relatives fought for Somalia until 1991.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hope they use marble and quality furniture like the current villa somalia for the interior, and hopefuly no cheap chinese tiles and other stuff.
For the outside it looks nice and simple, I hope they keep it that way.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
A renovation that actually looks good. Is this really Xamar?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts