SkyscraperCity banner

1241 - 1260 of 1354 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

Great progress but still a long way to go, i have noticed the low quality workmanship on the cabro plus most rainwater down pipes that were under the old pavement were cut and left hanging over the new cabro, wait for the rains and see how messy it will be, already the pavemnts flood when the buildings re being cleaned, acah mvua iingie.
Folks is it that Mombasa doesn't have street vending menace like Nairobi or is it that its a weekend here?

Lots of sidewalks still need fixing though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
There are street hawkere but a bit more organized and permanent if I may say, we have the socks guys njugu guys along mwembe tayari, and marikiti, I hate that the hawkers came back after they were kicked out, but I like the evening pavement pop up hotels where you just sit in front of a mountain of mandazi, kaimati etc and a hot cup of coffee or chai, the owner always knows how much you ate.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Right having done the Lamu ports first berth and then SGR extension across the island it seems very feasible and quite easy for us to have a nicer much better longer suspension bridge across to Nyali. We are on schedule to build that long dongo kundu bridge in the ocean swamps and waters, we can surely do this second Nyali bridge.

·
Kenyan
448 Posts
But my humble thoughts are, if they built more bridges even like the Nyali Bridge to connect the Island to the mainland, it would also work out instead of one veeeeery expensive suspension bridge. Look at London, for example (many simple bridges across the Thames & they look amazing). At most points the distance between Mombasa Island & mainland does not exceed 1km

·
Registered
13,294 Posts
I almost thought these images were colonial Mombasa for a minute lol

1241 - 1260 of 1354 Posts