SkyscraperCity banner

301 - 303 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
^^ Mkuu usiturudishe nyuma, this is Kenya class. We have to start owning the good in what we do and that which belongs to Kenyans. They are Kenyan. I think it's time we credited ourselves with our good things we do and not define them as foreign. We strive for the best for us and our people, sometimes we fail but our goal is up there.

·
thenairobidude
3,409 Posts
^^ Mkuu usiturudishe nyuma, this is Kenya class. We have to start owning the good in what we do and that which belongs to Kenyans. They are Kenyan. I think it's time we credited ourselves with our good things we do and not define them as foreign. We strive for the best for us and our people, sometimes we fail but our goal is up there.
I agree, we need to stop associating foreign with better/classier. Because its not.

Kenyan can be associated with good/high quality we just need people who are committed to achieving such. And if we dont do it, we will get to 2050 and we will still be celebrating foreign built infrastructure (railways, ports, towers) instead of making our own infrastructural and engineering achievements.

Nairobi wont be the New York of Africa. Nairobi will be the Nairobi of Africa.

Mombasa wont be the Barcelona or Miami or Los Angeles of Africa. Mombasa will simply remain Mombasa.

Ive seen people ridicule others for their lack of English speaking skills (TZ). Koreans, Japanese and Chinese people dont even speak English yet they are light years ahead of Kenya. Whether we talk about hygiene, poverty, per capita income. Anyway I shouldnt get into it.

English isnt a measure of intelligence its just a language like any other.

301 - 303 of 303 Posts