SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Its awesome. Very sleek! It wont be the tallest since at kizingo we already have a 22floor thing and the Sheehena marina is also 22flrs. Still am not sure what is happening to Crest Apartments which was to hit 26flrs anyway, with this KMA in the offing, we are not doing that bad!

I think KPA should follow suit and do us some wonders just like TPA did in Dar Es Salaam... they are letting us down yet they have the financial muscles.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Woiyee... 13floors only at 20 haiwezimake
Flawed style of kenyan media
Critically looking at the renderings,this is not 13 floors,i give it 18-20
The rendering plus the investment capital is enough for this structure.
love it wow!
On a lighter note,KPA will probably embark on an iconic super strucure that will take Mombasa skyline to new heights,watch the space,its a norm in Kenya that when a project is launched,other parties follow suit.KMA has really challenged KPA.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its awesome. Very sleek! It wont be the tallest since at kizingo we already have a 22floor thing and the Sheehena marina is also 22flrs. Still am not sure what is happening to Crest Apartments which was to hit 26flrs anyway, with this KMA in the offing, we are not doing that bad!

I think KPA should follow suit and do us some wonders just like TPA did in Dar Es Salaam... they are letting us down yet they have the financial muscles.
the reason why i said it might be the tallest is because office buildings tend to have longer floor heights than apartments,
,and if i am not mistaken all current buildings U/C in Mombasa above 20 floors are apartments ,
im assuming the floor count is at least 18 floors and completion time of 18 months
also the model has a spire like structure if built will add to its height.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
the reason why i said it might be the tallest is because office buildings tend to have longer floor heights than apartments,
,and if i am not mistaken all current buildings U/C in Mombasa above 20 floors are apartments ,
im assuming the floor count is at least 18 floors and completion time of 18 months
also the model has a spire like structure if built will add to its height.
With the amount budgeted, I'd be hesitant to say this would be true that this would be the tallest building in Mombasa.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
^^ KPA has the muscle to build much taller buildings in Mombasa, not the little one they have. In fact a shoreline tower around Kilindini would be a huge statement and exemplar for other investors to follow. They should just build a 40 floor tower on the shore for the HQ.

·
Registered
853 Posts
^^ KPA has the muscle to build much taller buildings in Mombasa, not the little one they have. In fact a shoreline tower around Kilindini would be a huge statement and exemplar for other investors to follow. They should just build a 40 floor tower on the shore for the HQ.
TRA has beaten us with their tower. Instead of having a tower we are having a flat for HQ... poor show!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I don't think you guys truly understand what is the role of the Kenya Maritime Authority. While the height fetish on this architectural board is nice and dandy, it doesn't supersede what the core mandate of this authority is i.e. to regulate, co-ordinate and oversee maritime affairs in the country; not to develop high-rise buildings just for the sake of competing against a similar authority in a nearby city...
In this case, KMA simply wants to build a building that will effectively house it's operations.. this is understandable. Compared to it's current building below, the above proposal is a definite plus for the city:

There are many other construction projects happening in and around the city that will elevate the city's skyline to greater heights. This building will be among those...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts