SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Queenslands Premier streets are up for sale through the world's most famous board game. Only 8000 of these have been made. Snap up one if you can.

http://dstore.com.au/?cat=Toys&action=view&id=801428&ref=dsto15may06

I'd like to get one through a games shop, where its likely to be cheaper than on the net. Are there any good ones in Brisbane?

·
D grade celebrity
1,195 Posts
ppfftt

Any excuse to raise revenue from falling sales. Just like "Celebrity" editions on game shows.... :blahblah:

·
New Urbanist
5,536 Posts
^^ Ummmm, No... maybe you should find out more info b4 you make allegations... 100% of the profits go to charity...I think its the royal flying doctors service... there is only like 8000 printed..

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
correct.

Saw them out a month ago, sold in a few stores participating.. I only remember one of which was a video rental chain (v2000?)

I wanted one :)

·
Queenslander
354 Posts
I've been trying to find the list of properties in it

anyone know what they've replaced with what?

·
GumbyWench
272 Posts
They're being sold at Video Ezy, around $80 a pop, from memory. I was planning on buying one until I saw that basically every space on the board has advertising on it! I know it's for charity and all, but that was a bit far for me, especially considering the price I was asked to pay!

·
Queenslander
354 Posts
could anyone please take a mental note of whats on the board next time at video exy :)

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
and the Railway stations are Central, Roma, Bunswick, South Brisbane

The utilities are Energex and i think Ergon(maybe)

I bought the Gold Coast edition a while back. It had hotels instead of streets and Theme Parks instead of railway stations.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whats on the board:
GO
Gateway Motorway
Community Chest
South East Freeway
Income Tax
CENTRAL STATION
The Ekka
Chance
The Gabba
West End
JAIL
The Whitsundays
Electric Company (Ergon)
Morteon Bay
Queen Street Mall
BOWEN HILLS STATION
Sunshine Coast
Community Chest
Great Barrier Reef
Gold Coast
Free Parking
South Bank
Chance
Story Bridge
The University Of Queensland
ROMA STREET STATION
Brisbane Botanic Gardens
Water Works
Glenworth
Queensland Outback
GO To Jail
Toowoomba
Golden Circle Factory
Community Chest
Brisbane River
PETRIE STATION(why not South Brisbane or Brunswick Street?)
Chance
Brisbane City
Super Tax
Eagle Street Pier

Bitch Away! :jk:

·
Queenslander
354 Posts
thats shit, they should've used suburbs.

and yeah I don't get petrie station either.

thx for that.

·
New Urbanist
5,536 Posts
Ummm urban sprall names?? i don't think soooooooo...

"Vertical villages will be part of the future of humanity whether we like it or not," Abedian says. "If anybody believes we will keep knocking over all the trees and creating suburbia with a quarter acre for one house -- that is a dream.

i love that quote...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yer it would of been cool if they used suburbs like Inala,woodridge (no offense to anyone) all the way to hamilton, ascot etc

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nothing beats the original. I really hate how they made a cherade out of it...star wars monopoly pffft

P.

·
D grade celebrity
1,195 Posts
cp1 said:
Yer it would of been cool if they used suburbs like Inala,woodridge (no offense to anyone) all the way to hamilton, ascot etc
CP1 do you mean this version??? You'll see it float in to your inbox every 2 years or so.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts