Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are four cranes working on the large Montage/Neo block. Montage is now just above street level. Neo fronting on Spadina is starting to work on the second floor.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sobeys

The Montage/Neo condo block is supposed to get a supermarket. Between Yonge St and Dufferin St. south of Dundas there are only two supermarkets: Liberty Village and Queen/Gladstone. A supermarket is needed and it will generate pedestrian traffic and more street life at CityPlace. The Toronto Star had an article called "Thinking Above the Box":

...Sobeys has also targeted urban areas, with new, downsized stores: a 25,000-square-foot Sobeys will be a central feature of the new CityPlace condo development, set to open in 2009 in the railway lands west of the Rogers Centre.

Alan Vihant, vice-president, development for Concord Adex, which is developing the project, says the store will be set in the middle of four condo blocks, and will be designed to fit the urban community, with prepared food, a flower shop and an eating area....

Thinking above the box
Retail-residential combos are now popular in U.S. and Vancouver, but still a tough sell in Toronto
by Paul Marshman
http://www.thestar.com/Athome/article/216684

·
Registered
26 Posts
Some updates...

From PCL's website:
"The concrete structure has been completed up to the ground floor. Forming and pouring of verticals to the 2nd floor is ongoing at Tower L. Assembly of fly-forms at Building M has started for typical floors. At the Amenity Building, the pool is being formed and poured. Sprinkler installation in the parking garage has commenced, but is currently on hold, along with all other mechanical work, due to a residential plumbers strike."

Webcam shot looks like they're cracking into the 3rd floor with Neo.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I wish there was a way to move that bloody GO train parking lot so Front Street could build out to the south... the narrowing of the rail corridor might also give more hope to better north-south connections than one (planned) piddly pedestrian bridge... if not decking the whole thing, then more bridges at least.

·
Banned
4,467 Posts
I have always wondered where that hole in the ground with the rails goes. Everytime I see it. But I've never investigated it.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Here's a long shot of the whole site from the west (with parked GO trains he he)............

And here's Malibu for fun........

KGB

1 - 20 of 252 Posts