SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Demi god
780 Posts
Well the only ones where there's a highway, I remember some flyers that said it was dangerous for pregnant women and stuff like that, if I remember correctcly they were going to replace that highway for a new one.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Those pictures are mostly of the Turcot Interchange (It's where the Ville-Marie Expressway[the 720], Highway 20 and the Decarie expressway meet. It's the most important interchange in Montreal. And yes, they will begin work on the interchange this summer. Construction will last for 6 years and they will completely redo the interchange!

·
Demi god
780 Posts
Those pictures are mostly of the Turcot Interchange (It's where the Ville-Marie Expressway[the 720], Highway 20 and the Decarie expressway meet. It's the most important interchange in Montreal. And yes, they will begin work on the interchange this summer. Construction will last for 6 years and they will completely redo the interchange!
yeah that's close from where I was staying, the carrefour angrignon is nearby the interchange, anyways can you tell me about those flyers I saw, is it really a health concern?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
2h15min observing the speed limit right?
Depends what you mean by "observing" the speed limit. The Limit on our Highways is 100KM/H (about 63 mph) however, as long as you don,t exceed 120KM/H (75mph) you will be fine. I've driven through speed traps at 120KM/H dozens of times in my life, and I've never been pulled over. 120KM/H is the "unofficial" speed limit!

·
Same old me
18 Posts
That's fine then :) 120km/h is the official speed limit over here... so are distances and speed limits shown in km or miles? sorry if this is not the right thread for this kind of questions..

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Speed limits in Canada are always shown in km, but people tend to use both a mix of miles and km when we discuss distances.
I don't know what it,s like in western Canada, but the vast majority of people in Québec use KM/H and KM when talking about speed and distances.

the reason why i mentionned MPH was because i wasn't sure where ^Anton^ was from. Only later did I see that he was from Barcelona. Had I seen that earlier, i would have never mentionned the MPH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.