SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Demi god
780 Posts
Well the only ones where there's a highway, I remember some flyers that said it was dangerous for pregnant women and stuff like that, if I remember correctcly they were going to replace that highway for a new one.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Those pictures are mostly of the Turcot Interchange (It's where the Ville-Marie Expressway[the 720], Highway 20 and the Decarie expressway meet. It's the most important interchange in Montreal. And yes, they will begin work on the interchange this summer. Construction will last for 6 years and they will completely redo the interchange!

·
Demi god
780 Posts
Those pictures are mostly of the Turcot Interchange (It's where the Ville-Marie Expressway[the 720], Highway 20 and the Decarie expressway meet. It's the most important interchange in Montreal. And yes, they will begin work on the interchange this summer. Construction will last for 6 years and they will completely redo the interchange!
yeah that's close from where I was staying, the carrefour angrignon is nearby the interchange, anyways can you tell me about those flyers I saw, is it really a health concern?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what flyers you are talking about!?!?!

·
Smelly cat...
1,307 Posts
La fleuve Saint-Laurent est super immense!! :eek:

·
Same old me
19 Posts
Hey guys, could anyone let me know how long would it take to get to Québec from Montréal by car?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hey guys, could anyone let me know how long would it take to get to Québec from Montréal by car?
Depending on how fast you drive, it can be done in about 2 hours. On average though i'd say it's about a 2 hour and 15 minute drive!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
2h15min observing the speed limit right?
Depends what you mean by "observing" the speed limit. The Limit on our Highways is 100KM/H (about 63 mph) however, as long as you don,t exceed 120KM/H (75mph) you will be fine. I've driven through speed traps at 120KM/H dozens of times in my life, and I've never been pulled over. 120KM/H is the "unofficial" speed limit!

·
Same old me
19 Posts
That's fine then :) 120km/h is the official speed limit over here... so are distances and speed limits shown in km or miles? sorry if this is not the right thread for this kind of questions..

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Speed limits in Canada are always shown in km, but people tend to use both a mix of miles and km when we discuss distances.
I don't know what it,s like in western Canada, but the vast majority of people in Québec use KM/H and KM when talking about speed and distances.

the reason why i mentionned MPH was because i wasn't sure where ^Anton^ was from. Only later did I see that he was from Barcelona. Had I seen that earlier, i would have never mentionned the MPH.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts