(Canadiens de Montréal)

24x Champion (record):
1916, 1924, 1930, 1931, 1944,
1946, 1953, 1956, 1957, 1958,
1959, 1960, 1965, 1966, 1968,
1969, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977,
1978, 1979, 1986, 1993

Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Home of the NHL's Montreal Canadiens, and has a seating capacity of 21,000. Built in 1996 and replaced the old Montreal Forum as the new Canadiens home.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I like the steep slopes of the arena putting the fans very close to the action. Looks like a very intimate setting for a big arena.

·
moonage daydream
626 Posts
Who cares what it looks like from outside, it is how it is configured on the inside that matters, and it is configured pretty well IMO. Very close to the action no matter were you sit. Great venue for both hockey and rock concerts, although I have never sat/stood in the nosebleed seats. 9/10.

I believe it is the largest NHL Arena.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It was built in 1996 and it's capacity is 21 273. Largest in North America. And 3rd most profitable arena in North America !! Home of the Montreal Canadiens.

It has 3 decks !! a 400 section !!!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
it is allright!
3 decks, so you can put it in the 3 tires stadium thread too I guess

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
I've sat in the club seats (the middle deck) good view but I found the atmosphere disapointing, I expected more passion. They weren't playing the Bruins though. Quite a few people wearing Nords shirts and I even saw a Leafs jersey.

Nice hotdogs though, toasted!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Isaac Newell said:
I've sat in the club seats (the middle deck) good view but I found the atmosphere disapointing, I expected more passion. They weren't playing the Bruins though. Quite a few people wearing Nords shirts and I even saw a Leafs jersey.

Nice hotdogs though, toasted!
Really?? It is known that Montreal has the best atmosphere in the NHL. They sold out all of thier games at like 22K. Yes! The McCain hot dogs are amazing and the fries too.

·
Registered Dude
52 Posts
If you want atmosphere, go to a playoff game. There're so many regular season games it makes many of them unimportant. :scouserd:
I remember the Stanley Cup Finals this year. The games in Edmonton - unbelievable !!! I would have loved to be there. My TV is connected to my stereo and I turned up the volume to get something of the atmosphere. The whole stadium singing the canadian anthem was impressing.
:eek2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
mikeeagle said:
If you want atmosphere, go to a playoff game. There're so many regular season games it makes many of them unimportant. :scouserd:
I remember the Stanley Cup Finals this year. The games in Edmonton - unbelievable !!! I would have loved to be there. My TV is connected to my stereo and I turned up the volume to get something of the atmosphere. The whole stadium singing the canadian anthem was impressing.
:eek2:
I know...that was crazy! Edmonton is a great hockey town, no doubt about it!

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Nice design !

·
Registered
125 Posts
The first deck is awfully long....about 40 rows up !!! :eek2:
You know the WWE SuperShow is coming to the Bell Center in Septembr. Got myself some good tickets. First row of the second deck. Section 211 !!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I really like the Bell. Huge but with out the unfriendly face of corporate suites, guess they're neatly tucked under the above tier.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Gjm130 said:
It was built in 1996 and it's capacity is 21 273. Largest in North America. And 3rd most profitable arena in North America !! Home of the Montreal Canadiens.

It has 3 decks !! a 400 section !!!
Largest what in North America? If you mean "arena", then Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky has that beat with a capacity of 23,000.

·
Registered
125 Posts
40Acres said:
Largest what in North America? If you mean "arena", then Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky has that beat with a capacity of 23,000.

Oh I know why I said that....
Because the Bell Center's hockey capacity is about 22 thousand.
I guess the basketball capacity is about 23k.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts