SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some more pics from my residence in Korea last year...I was living in Ulsan and tried to see other parts of the country when I had time.

This is near Pohang on the east coast:

This was my front yard in Ulsan :)

More Ulsan shots:

Driving past Pohang, one of the bigger steel manufacturing areas in Asia:

Busan subway:

And a few nature shots, Korea has a lot of good hiking areas:

A nice park in Gyeongju, probably my favorite city/town in S.Korea:

Bye for now! :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The pictures are really beautiful.it is good to see,someone taken pictures from a different view,but they still look good.that is very interesting.

·
PC LOAD LETTER
7,667 Posts
vhs90 said:
Here are some more pics from my residence in Korea last year...I was living in Ulsan and tried to see other parts of the country when I had time.

This is near Pohang on the east coast:

QUOTE]

What were the Koreans doing copying the Miami Beach Holocaust memorial?

·
초고층빌딩
1,245 Posts
Woonsocket54 said:

QUOTE]

What were the Koreans doing copying the Miami Beach Holocaust memorial?

It is quite absurd of you to say so!

First, every hand sculptures in the world are just the copy of Miami beach Holocaust memorial?

Second, this is one part of the the hand of sangseang
the hands of sangseang(living together) came from the mind of korean professor, Lee yea lyung
These are two hands, one is the left hand on the land, the other is the right hand on the sea(the one in the picture)
They are facing each other, symbolizing all people are helping together like these hands.
Also, it means five elements in estern ideas
These are nothing to do with Miami's or whatever.

The left hand on the land

The right hand on the sea

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
That must be another copy of Miami :p:p

Once an american said that the Buenos Aires Obelisk was a copy of Washington´s Geroge Washington monument. Another absurd, probably he didn´t know what´s an obelisk, and that it´s so old that in ancient Egypt there was many. I had to explain it all and say that many cistie in the world have obelisks, including where I live (São Paulo-Brazil) there is a huge one. Obelisks are built in memory of dead people.

Actually there is no surprise if you remember that this country believes that they invented democracy and liberty :p

·
초고층빌딩
1,245 Posts
JoseRodolfo said:
That must be another copy of Miami :p:p

Once an american said that the Buenos Aires Obelisk was a copy of Washington´s Geroge Washington monument. Another absurd, probably he didn´t know what´s an obelisk, and that it´s so old that in ancient Egypt there was many. I had to explain it all and say that many cistie in the world have obelisks, including where I live (São Paulo-Brazil) there is a huge one. Obelisks are built in memory of dead people.

Actually there is no surprise if you remember that this country believes that they invented democracy and liberty :p
@JoseRodolfo
Well said ;)
thank for expalaining Obelisks
I don't think that the Obelisk of Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo are the copy of Washington's

BTW, that hand sculpture is very interesting and funny :)

·
초고층빌딩
1,245 Posts
JoseRodolfo said:
Very nice BTW. I like koreian cities. That bus stop has a very good design ! ;)
Frankly, Ulsan(the city in the picture) is one of ugliest cities in korea
It is just an industrial city such as shipbuilding and automobile industry
There is nothing charming and attractive in Ulsan, even though her GDP is really high in Korea.(Fortunately, Ulsan is getting better and better)

I think Brazilian cities has more characteristic and lovely than korean's in terms of the city's aesthetic sense, especially comparing Ulsan

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
^^ thanks "skyscrapercity"!

here pictures of those obeliscs I told you:

Buenos Aires

São Paulo:

and this one in São Paulo is the oldest monument in the city, from 1814

1 - 13 of 13 Posts