between Waterfront Park and Downtown

view to the other side; USS Yorktown/Patriots Point

from a park looking towards downtown

The Battery - THE gentrified hood in Charleston, with a great river/bay view

touristy indeed...

mid-rise undergoing rennovation

in from the battery...

nice pond/park

a lot of these pics were taken just stumbling around, when i came across the College of Charleston's campus, and then i found myself downtown, which i wanted to do later, so i stumbled back out to the hoods. some are CoC buildings, most aren't, but anyway...

who's up for a panty raid?

i needed a pit stop so i went into CoC's library, and took some pics from it

now for the bridges; the two old, scary to some steel bridges over the Cooper river to the suburb of Mt. Pleasent are being replaced by the new Ravanel bridge, almost finished. it'll be sad to see the old bridges gone, they were fun to drive over

guess which one's the new one?

Charleston "skyline" from the bridge

and finally, a beach, Folly Beach. one secretary at school describes it as "how beach towns in Florida used to be." Folly's a pretty nice beach/suburb. no pics of the beach itself b/c i didn't want to get sand in the digi, but i did take my Holga on the beach; i just haven't developed the pics yet.

-

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yup, everyone says they like urbanity, and quality housing, but not one goddamned comment. i guess it's more fun to argue about whether Altanta or Houston's got a better downtown.

-

·
Registered
765 Posts
i know how you feel man. for such a thread to pass by after four days, but i did respond at SSP. Plus I decided to take a small hiatus from ssc. again, great job on the pics.

·
abdulsharifshoots.com
1,701 Posts
alot of those buildings go far back as slavery don't they? They even have old slave markets right? That would be a very emotional experience for me to see that in person. Thats a facinating place.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks y'all.

Soulbrotha said:
alot of those buildings go far back as slavery don't they? They even have old slave markets right? That would be a very emotional experience for me to see that in person. Thats a facinating place.
yes.

i took this shot because i'm pretty sure that it's a slave's quarters in the back. it was pretty emotional to think about; i also couldn't help but think that my college radio station, WUSC in Columbia, had its first broadcast from the old slave's quarters for students.

it matches the description here

-

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you two are welcome. thanks for the replies.

-

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tiger Beer said:
very cool.. looks like a great place.. the beach town feel as well!
thanks. it is a great place. i'll probably be going back in a couple of months, i'm looking forward to it.

-

·
Banned
200 Posts
WOW..very nice! much nicer than any beach town in New Jersey where i grew up. It seems in Charleston people actually care about their town and neighborhood :grouphug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts