SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Dang man we where just talkin about this place in another forum. I love Marakami, and you took some awesome photos, like always. I love the Bonsai's, someday I want to grow one, they are very interesting. I hope I can get some photos there soon myself. But thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the pictures alot.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Morikami's awesome; it's actually right down the road from my house. Unfortunately, I think I'm a jinx to that place cause there's been a thunderstorm every time I've gone there. Nevertheless, the gardens are beautiful.

·
Just another user
376 Posts
Morikami's awesome; it's actually right down the road from my house. Unfortunately, I think I'm a jinx to that place cause there's been a thunderstorm every time I've gone there. Nevertheless, the gardens are beautiful.
It's funny you say that, I specifically go during a gloomy/overcast day, it makes for some interesting pictures and really makes you feel like you're in the heart of japan.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah but thats why most pictures of Japan look terrible. Always overcast. I would know, Im in Tokyo right now.. In Miami, when you shoot a picture at a skyscraper it almost always looks great with those beautiful blue skies. Its really hard to get a good picture here in Japan..

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It's funny you say that, I specifically go during a gloomy/overcast day, it makes for some interesting pictures and really makes you feel like you're in the heart of japan.
Haha, Andy, I think you misunderstand me. I agree that gloomy/overcast days where it's grey and a drizzle out would be a nice, neat atmosphere to experience Morikami. But I'm talking about "THUNDERSTORMS". Loud, torrential downpours, tropical-storm-force winds gust, too-dangerous-to-be-outside-because-of-lightning thunderstorms. Take my word for it, you don't want to be taking pictures outside at Morikami museum when I'm around. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts