Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
What a beautiful view, not to mention a beautiful-looking day!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ECoastTransplant said:
apartment or hospital room? :runaway:
Ding ding...we have a winner. (BTW...I did put a " ;) " in that original post).

Yes...that's actually a picture from the 16 floor at BGH. If you have to have a triple bypass or hip replacement I highly recommend the General.

I might add, that the upper floors of Roswell offer a comparable vista, however, unless you work there, are a patient, or are visiting a patient I wouldn't recommend trotting up there with cameras and tripods.

Personally, my job demands my occasional appearance at such places as Roswell, The General, ECMC, and Millard Gates etc...all of which offer fantastic views of our fair city.

This however...

...is a legitimate picture I took off the roof of my apartment building.

Nice work ECT. Always question things. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ECoastTransplant said:
It was either there or I thought the apt. bldg. at Main/High (55 High?). My gram was in Buff Gen'l once and had that view- one of the best in Bflo IMO. So now you're living next to the Allendale?

55 High is a medical building across the street from BGH.

At the corner of Main and Carlton (921 Main) there is an apartment building (The Roosevelt)...I think it's about six or seven stories tall. It's for seniors and disabled (aren't they all :rant: ).

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
the way I look at it, this photo shows alot about Buffalo...the density until you get to the parkinglot of downtown, it shows the architecture, and it also shows the skyline from an angle that gives Buffalo justice, not the long spread out Skyscraperpage diagram from the other view LOL.

nice

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
NoCtUrNaL said:
55 High is a medical building across the street from BGH.

At the corner of Main and Carlton (921 Main) there is an apartment building (The Roosevelt)...I think it's about six or seven stories tall. It's for seniors and disabled (aren't they all :rant: ).
Ooops- I was thinking of the taller apartment bldg. next to Langston Hughes. At one time the owners were talking about upgrading it, you'd think this would be an ideal time to do it with all the new employees moving into the medical campus. 55 High is the bldg. Ciminelli wanted to demo. Roosevelt- that was done in the 80's when the only ones who we could get to move downtown were the elderly. Time to gentrify them out of there!
:jk:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
BuffCity said:
here are some highrises in the Medical district, not sure the names myself, but I got photos...

This is an apartment building that was supposed to be redeveloped. Not sure what the status is.

The other building, 55 High, at one time was going to demo'd by Ciminelli and a new medical office building was going to be built. Its awful- I wish they'd tear it down or put a new facade on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts