SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noosa has moved into second place as my most favourite place in Aus. The Mornington Peninsula tops my list due to the fact that it has more to offer, close to Melbourne and almost no humidity :cheers: Enjoy the pics:

MOUNT MARTHA, MORNINGTON PENINSULA, MELBOURNE ©
by Sydney Struwig, on Flickr

TULLY'S DELI, MORNINGTON PENINSULA, MELBOURNE ©

·
Aesthetics
1,306 Posts
Welcome back...you are reinstated as a honorary Melburnian again...until you change your mind, of course... he he!
And agree on humidity; who wants all that sand sticking onto the sweaty bum cheeks!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back...you are reinstated as a honorary Melburnian again...until you change your mind, of course... he he!
And agree on humidity; who wants all that sand sticking onto the sweaty bum cheeks!
Aaaah thanks :hug: still lots of places and areas to explore so who knows, I am like the weather but Mornington ticks 9/10 boxes for me :lol:

CAPE SCHANCK, MORNINGTON PENINSULA, MELBOURNE ©

PENINSULA HOT SPRINGS AND SPA, MORNINGTON PENINSULA, MELBOURNE ©

·
Registered
270 Posts
Noosa has moved into second place as my most favourite place in Aus. The Mornington Peninsula tops my list due to the fact that it has more to offer, close to Melbourne and almost no humidity :cheers: Enjoy the pics:
Yes, the Mornington Peninsula is amazing. Very Mediterranean. Crystal clear water on the bay side, surf beach options too, plenty to do for every age group, golf, food, wineries and great road access from Melbourne. My one complaint is that it is very busy at this time of year, a bit like being in the city.

Great photos, thanks.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the Mornington Peninsula is amazing. Very Mediterranean. Crystal clear water on the bay side, surf beach options too, plenty to do for every age group, golf, food, wineries and great road access from Melbourne. My one complaint is that it is very busy at this time of year, a bit like being in the city.

Great photos, thanks.
Thanks for the kind words :hug:

RYE, MORNINGTON PENINSULA, MELBOURNE ©

RYE, MORNINGTON PENINSULA, MELBOURNE © by Sydney Struwig, on Flickr

·
Go for it!
1,012 Posts
Yes all the beaches on the eastern side of Port Phillip Bay from Mt Martha down to Portsea are great esp for families with kids.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Yes all the beaches on the eastern side of Port Phillip Bay from Mt Martha down to Portsea are great esp for families with kids.
As a Mornington local (these days) I can assure that the top notch bay beaches commence a little further north than Mt Martha. My local at Mills Beach is probably one of the better of all of them.

Only issue I have with Sorrento and most of those surrounding it is that, when the tide is out, you have to walk out about half a km in order to locate water above your waist.

·
Go for it!
1,012 Posts
As a Mornington local (these days) I can assure that the top notch bay beaches commence a little further north than Mt Martha. My local at Mills Beach is probably one of the better of all of them.

Only issue I have with Sorrento and most of those surrounding it is that, when the tide is out, you have to walk out about half a km in order to locate water above your waist.
Of course there are plenty of nice beaches close to Melbourne as well Sandridge.Middle Park,St Kilda,Elwood,Brighton,Sandringham,Black Rock and Mentone to name a few.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts