SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[-] Text [+] RABAT, June 7 (Reuters) - Police used force to end the week-long blockade of a port in southern Morocco by youths protesting poverty and joblessness, but the government denied claims by locals that some demonstrators were killed.

Residents said hundreds of police arrived at Sidi Ifni port at 2 a.m. on Saturday morning to remove the demonstrators.

"The port has been under blockade since May 30 -- trucks were trapped inside and the fish they were carrying was rotting," said a local security official. "The police moved in to remove the demonstrators."

He said 20 were arrested but none were killed or injured in the operation, which began after the protesters set fire to the car of a local official.

A local resident involved in the demonstration said security forces attacked the protestors using dogs and truncheons.

"Dozens were injured and I saw two lying dead on the ground with head wounds," said the resident, a social worker who asked not to be identified. "Friends in different neighbourhoods told me of three other deaths."

A western diplomat speaking on condition of anonymity said he had been told by a reliable eyewitness that eight people were killed.

Such protests occur regularly in Morocco but rarely result in deaths.

Locals said the protesters were complaining of being sidelined by the Rabat government, left out of economic development and passed over for jobs.

They said they had hoped Sidi Ifni might become a province in its own right in an upcoming reform to administrative boundaries but were then told this would not happen.

Rights activists in the region said police were searching houses in the small town on the Atlantic coast 700 km (435 miles) southwest of the capital Rabat.

"The town is cut off," said Abdallah Berhada, regional representative of Morocco's main independent human rights group AMDH. He said he had heard people had been killed but the situation was still unclear. (Reporting by Tom Pfeiffer and Zakia Abdennebi, editing by Mary Gabriel)

Moroccan Police chief beating up and dragging a poor woman and her baby

·
Banned
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Actually, I posted this thread under another section, but it get deleted locked up, I don’t understand this hypocrisy, few days ago a Moroccan moderator from posted a similar article about Algeria, that’s no problem and I participated in the thread discussion, I said there is no harm to publish such a stories to show the aggressive side of the govs and the sufferance of some people but it seems that those articles get their way to be posted just when it’s related to Algeria.. morocco no, what a shame.. censuring in this case is doing the dirty job of third world gov, what a shame. ….

·
Registered
991 Posts
Actually, I posted this thread under another section, but it get deleted locked up, I don’t understand this hypocrisy, few days ago a Moroccan moderator from posted a similar article about Algeria, that’s no problem and I participated in the thread discussion, I said there is no harm to publish such a stories to show the aggressive side of the govs and the sufferance of some people but it seems that those articles get their way to be posted just when it’s related to Algeria.. morocco no, what a shame.. censuring in this case is doing the dirty job of third world gov, what a shame. ….
yes you now going to cry to youre mommy :lol:hah

·
Skybar Posts: 24,564
977 Posts
Don't worry...first world governments also censor stuff. It's just that they do it professionally (and many times necessarily). So you're not alone.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wrong title: "Hundreds dead and hurt"

Nobody died, so close this lie-thread or change the title.

And the picture's of the woman with the child is another story, she's the wife of a terrorist and attacked that man!

·
Banned
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Wrong title: "Hundreds dead and hurt"

Nobody died, so close this lie-thread or change the title.

And the picture's of the woman with the child is another story, she's the wife of a terrorist and attacked that man!

Many tv channels said that more than 8 people dead and more than 70 injured. Diplomatic sources said that to, people from that place witness in the forums and youtube that there are people killed during the clashes.

But the Moroccan gov, said nobody dead as you said too, govs lie sometimes even in the western countries, but the third world govs are worse they lie all the time.

The last pic is about police chief beating a woman, true it doesn’t has relation with the story but it’s a bout police beating a citizen, most of the independent sources including Moroccan newspaper said they beat her an drug her on the floor, those who said he didn’t are from the gov.

I u see really the pic he push her and beat her, this woman should be respected for three reasons:

1- she is woman
2- she is Moroccan citizen
3- she is with a baby

her husband is a ‘terrorist’ as you said that doesn’t mean that, she and her baby should be treated like that. Just think well. if she is from your family what u do?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.