·
24,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
City of Capitals
City of Moscow
International Business Center

2 towers.

Moscow: 76 storeys, 301,59 meters.
Saint Petersburg: 65 storeys, 256,9 meters.

old design

new design
click to enlarge

·
37,999 Posts
Nicely wired yet wirely nice.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
lol Chad. That doesn't even make sense. :nuts:

Great looking towers. So one is named "Moscow", the other "St Petersburg"?" Mmmmmokayyy.

It will be interesting to see how they are clad, including the dome. I hope they will look very high-tech.

·
24,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops, corrected the name.

so, here is more renderings

and here is new shape

·
Pubescent Singaporean
570 Posts
The most enigmatically conceived business District that lies truest to a city's form.

Chad said:
Nicely wired yet wirely nice.
You know i thought Chad's comment was very ironic cos when i saw the design for the business centre i thought immediately of Polyecran - a multimedia installation by Josef Svoboda in 1967:

It was made of what Josef called magic lanterns, individual multimedia boxes that moved and projected tectonic imagery of "the creation of the world" as a moving sea of images.

So yap this design for the Business Centre is very nicely wired like the way Josef Svoboda composed Polyecran.

And the design just strikes me as being so futuristic and totalitarian that it absorbs Moscow's legacy like a sponge. It is so moscow, and so light years ahead of the world. It could be precisely what moscow needs to reclaim its cityscape significance.

·
Registered
912 Posts
so is this back under construction? i believe it was on hold.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
the ugliest skyscrapers ever.. watch out in 15years they will be renovating them because the russians find it too ugly.
Looks like a commieblock with all the clothes at the window. makes me think to the move "brazil" too. or mad max.
thats a good thing, more skyscrapers, but this one is ugly

·
Pubescent Singaporean
570 Posts
why is moscow taller than st petersburg hahaha. anyway its interesting cos russia's legacy is anchored on two cities, not one perennial capital. so, naming these two towers st petersburg and the other moscow is like acknowledging the two dynasties of russia in the skyline.

·
37,999 Posts
Muse said:
lol Chad. That doesn't even make sense. :nuts:

yeh, sounds just like the design of the towers.

·
Super Moderator
10,920 Posts
I remember this, I thought it got cancelled :p
well I don't see anything that bad with the towers, except that they might not look that good because of their height, a 150m height might have been better, otherwise they will strike the skyline with their... 'uniqueness'

·
24,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
most of this will finished by the end of 2007.

3-4 towers will finish later.

1 - 20 of 720 Posts