SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 720 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
My initial reaction was "ugh" but once I saw them in colour I have to admit that I have done a complete 180. Probably only because of the colour but I think they are actually quite nice now.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Very weird lookin but in the model they look somewhat nice, hmm it needs to be built to actually judge how this one will turn out.

·
always on
4,762 Posts
Muse said:
lol Chad. That doesn't even make sense. :nuts:

Great looking towers. So one is named "Moscow", the other "St Petersburg"?" Mmmmmokayyy.

It will be interesting to see how they are clad, including the dome. I hope they will look very high-tech.
hope the third one will be named Tallinn... Hhee just kidding ;)

i kinda like these... i would prefer more glass though, but im such a horrible glass addict! :D

·
He he he....
325 Posts
Holy... What on earth have you been smoking over in Moscow???..... :)

Hmmm...I will have to wait on this one.....like it, like it not?.

Cheers Camarades
:)

·
Galactic Ruler
6,855 Posts
Please tell me that vile chunky red thing is not going ahead. The size, shape and bulk ruin everything they are trying to accomplish - almost makes tower of Russia look like a matchstick. :( Tower of Russia is my favourite proposal of any - its deserves to look all its height and bulk and not be diminished or rendered less mighty by this obesce monstrocity sitting close at hand.

Alternatively, the proposal mentioned in this thread is intricate and interesting with a great use of texture and shape within the design aesthetic. Well done Moscow - a great addition. now all you gotta do it get rid of that chunky red thing.

·
Registered
912 Posts
This is definatly exiting, regardless of whether you like the design. I personally like it a lot.

·
oemoemenemoe
1,496 Posts
coth said:
Not really, although they are both Dutch architects. Van Egeraat is also building a 100+ in Amsterdam, which has a comparable style, although it isn't u/c yet.
Van Egeraat also built a city hall in a Dutch city, which had similar cladding to that domed structure. I'm a bit disappointed its now just a big glassy volume. Still pretty cool this will get built, although it seems like Van Egeraat had to make quite some concessions in order to get this built.

·
24,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
th0m said:
Not really, although they are both Dutch architects. Van Egeraat is also building a 100+ in Amsterdam, which has a comparable style, although it isn't u/c yet.
Van Egeraat also built a city hall in a Dutch city, which had similar cladding to that domed structure. I'm a bit disappointed its now just a big glassy volume. Still pretty cool this will get built, although it seems like Van Egeraat had to make quite some concessions in order to get this built.
Well, unfortunately City of Capital is not ever EEA work. New design made by nbbj.
However I still think that Montevideo and EEA's City of Capitals made in same style.

·
24,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
18th august 2005
by LYNX

pile field finished. soon start works on foundation slab.

21 - 40 of 720 Posts