SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
1,876 Posts
Not exactly the newset of news, as this station has been opened for some time, as in 2005. Anyways, Moscow's Sheremeytivo remains the only Moscow area airport connected by railway, soon to be completed also.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Gorgeous train station. perhaps if you wrote more threads like this KM you would be less of a pain in the ass.
In serbian language, we have a name for the condition you are suffering from - "manija gonjenja" - its a disease where you believe you are being followed or are the one doing the following and seeing things that are not really there. I suggest you see a doctor ;)

Great photos! Moscow's infrastructure is on a very respectable level:yes:

·
Reregistered User
139 Posts
Which Moscow station is the terminus for the Vnukovo airport rail link? Because I recall that Moscow has nine main rail termini.

·
Patatero Inside
9,627 Posts
Kiev Station.

·
Тест
23,768 Posts
Moscow has one of longest suburban rail system in the world. It wasn't so comfortable, fast and reliable in the past. But some things were done to make it better in recent past. A lot of things are planned in the city plan for future - converting of small rail ring into passenger service, which was closed in the beginning of XX century, connecting several directions under the ground via historical center and converting them into metro-like service. It's not really metro, but close to metro. The system is called the Satellite and first two directions were converted several years ago (Yaroslavskoye and Ryazanskoy directions). Third direction (Gor'kovskoye) was upgraded this year. Most of other large stations within Moscow Urban area was upgraded as well, but without any changes to service. First 5 stations of the circle city rail line should be open in 2010. It will go from IBC to south - Delovoy Center, Kutuzovskaya, Potylikha, Luzhniki, Ploschad' Gagarina (underground station prebuilt in late 1990's during massive square redevelopment), Kanatchikovo. Delovoy Center, Kutuzovskaya and Ploschad' Gagarina will have direct connections to metro stations. Whole circle line with over 30 stations should be completed by 2015. It's expected to have up to 100 trains per day.

Ploschad' Gagarina station completed in 2001. Waiting for upgrade of the line. Should be opened in 2010.

http://www.rosmetrostroy.ru/mozd.htm

Here few photos from metroblog.ru of recently upgraded station on Ryazanskoye direction.

Kosino on Google maps a years and half ago. on Yandex.Maps a year ago.

all shots can be found on this page
http://metroblog.ru/post/1543/

Common views of the station

Timetable of satellite trains.

Timetable of suburban trains.

·
Gincan
917 Posts
^^
Interesting, are there any plans to build a network like Paris RER with multiple crosstown routes? I've never seen any map of the Moscow commuter train network, is it fare integrated with busses and subway?

·
Тест
23,768 Posts
Map from 2025 general plan. It's not final map as far as i know.

Blue are Russian railways directions and lines. No any new directions are planned.
Only massive upgrading and connection of several lines via underground (dark blue stroked lines)

·
The Inhospitable Sea
267 Posts
I think it would be a good idea if station names were displayed in Latin alphabet, too (it could be with a smaller font size).

1 - 20 of 114 Posts