SkyscraperCity Forum banner
7201 - 7220 of 7286 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Someone (usually an account created a day ago) asks this question every few days, and the answer is invariably no.
Source? I wouldn't say it's off topic to imply a lot of these businesses, residences, and developments are taking an astronomical financial hit.

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Source? I wouldn't say it's off topic to imply a lot of these businesses, residences, and developments are taking an astronomical financial hit.
It’s a fair question. My guess is that construction will NOT grind to a halt, what with countries and corporations friendly to Russians backfilling the void produced by sanctions.

·
Je suis kanonirsss
12,707 Posts
some new residential buildings are being built near moscow cbd

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
No it is not. However the USD/RUB exchange rate itself does not have much of an impact on the construction. Most materials are local. The only significant factors of risk are:
(1) some construction companies are from abroad and their employees are from abroad. As for Turkish companies, they will not exit the market as Turkish Lira has been devaluating more quickly. Chinese companies may find it not efficient to work in Russia any more.
(2) investors afraid of exchange rate risks. However devaulated ruble may makecapital inflow. The proprty in Moscow has become 20-25% cheaper for foreigners overnight.
BTW sanctions have not had much of an impact on the macroeconomics as of yet and some of the interventions of the Central Bank made the outflow of capital much smaller than in "normal" times. Oligarchs and regular rich people do not want to put their capital abroad, as there is a risk that their assets will be frozen. So there is money in the market and construction is one of the areas the money will be invested. And, if there is crisis in construction business, it will be not catastrophic.

7201 - 7220 of 7286 Posts