SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3701 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
24,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mercury City Tower
Height: 327m
Floors: 70
Location: Google Maps, Yandex.Maps













Источник: http://www.mercury-city.com/mercury-city/gallery/gallery2/


























































sci-media.ru


==================================================================================



http://www.napresne.info/Default.aspx?menu=777&stat=-859564370

short translation

plot 14: 0,4975 hectares leased by Capital City Developments for 49 years represented by contract to Mercury City Towers.

70 storey 332 meters tall building, architected by Mikhail Posokhin, Frank Williams and G. Sirota. Designed by International Center of Highrise Construction. Technical client - TUSK-1 Moskapstroy. Investor and owner - Mercury City Tower.

Zero phase works by Monarch (together with plot 15).

-5 - -3 floors: parking for 440 cars
-2 floor: technical
-1 floor: retail
1 - 2 floors: entrance, restaurants and retail
2 - 38 floors: offices
39 floor: techincal
40 - 70 floors: apartments, fitness centers, spa and restaurants
66 floor: techincal


architectural conception approved on 20 april 2006. techincal will be approved in june.

works begun in november and planned to complete by the end of 2008.



scan of model


on RT conception model
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Nice tower, but UGH! This is all way too cramped up! How can this building possibly be valorized if you have the visual covered from virtually every direction? You could only see one perspective of it, and only provided you are on very particular spots. I wish they would pull the tower from its ghetto and move it to Moscow City 2, or three, or anywhere it can breath. Generally speaking, I understand everyone wants to be close to the Federation Tower and the river Moscow, but maybe if the city was more spread out it would look better. Hope they rethink the plot assignment plan...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,001 Posts
Dan1987 said:
they look like 2 different buildings

Are you looking at the highlighted tower in the 2nd picture, if so it's the building to the left of that one.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
24,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peloso said:
Nice tower, but UGH! This is all way too cramped up! How can this building possibly be valorized if you have the visual covered from virtually every direction? You could only see one perspective of it, and only provided you are on very particular spots. I wish they would pull the tower from its ghetto and move it to Moscow City 2, or three, or anywhere it can breath. Generally speaking, I understand everyone wants to be close to the Federation Tower and the river Moscow, but maybe if the city was more spread out it would look better. Hope they rethink the plot assignment plan...
the plan has been approved in 1994. i hardly doubt it will be reviewed when all project around the core already on their ways. it's not really cramped up. looking from sparrow, winged and bow hills it will perfect connection between CF and City Hall. it will be very situable within skyline.

big city will have more skyscrapers i'm sure, so don't worry;)



btw, 332 m seems without spire and by the cone of roof. spire catch somewhere 400m i think.
 

·
Evil Octopussy
Joined
·
298 Posts
In any case, a tower of this height for Moscow is a good thing. :) I can't wait until Moscow has it's own skyline identity!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73,814 Posts
thanks coth. wow 332m to roof. 360m spire? gee the glass 3 legged tower looks awesome! fosters?
cheers
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
28,091 Posts

·
Moderator
Joined
·
24,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CULWULLA said:
thanks coth. wow 332m to roof. 360m spire? gee the glass 3 legged tower looks awesome! fosters?
cheers
380m by spire.

new rendering. scan from arx04 magazine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
shame this will looked blocked off by the big blocky tower to left as i think this design should be on it's own a little, maybe a small peninsula slightly edgeing into the river.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
22,194 Posts
I like the second glass design more. But the first one looks good too but not as good. Its nice to see Moscow turning into a modern city as well.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
24,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WhiteMagick said:
I like the second glass design more. But the first one looks good too but not as good. Its nice to see Moscow turning into a modern city as well.
there is only one desing on pictures.
 
1 - 20 of 3701 Posts
Top