SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 3701 Posts

·
Taking On The World
26,331 Posts
Peloso said:
Nice tower, but UGH! This is all way too cramped up! How can this building possibly be valorized if you have the visual covered from virtually every direction? You could only see one perspective of it, and only provided you are on very particular spots. I wish they would pull the tower from its ghetto and move it to Moscow City 2, or three, or anywhere it can breath. Generally speaking, I understand everyone wants to be close to the Federation Tower and the river Moscow, but maybe if the city was more spread out it would look better. Hope they rethink the plot assignment plan...

oh come on!!!! Arent buildings in Hong Kong, Shanghai and New York valorized??? And doesnt those cities have the best skylines???

What do you preffer, these three cities or Taiwan, with a 500 meters tower in the middle of nowhere, just like you wanted this Russian tower??

A tall tower must help compose a skyline, and this is what will happen in Moscow with all these huge towers close to each other!

·
WoyaoDaJb
941 Posts
Excellent tower! Interesting to notice that the majority of the big projects are happening in countries considered to be "third world" like russia and china. While the western city's skyline are ageing everyday with only a few projects happening. The third world is coming back!

·
Registered
912 Posts
This tower is awesome!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
AcesHigh said:
oh come on!!!! Arent buildings in Hong Kong, Shanghai and New York valorized??? And doesnt those cities have the best skylines???

What do you preffer, these three cities or Taiwan, with a 500 meters tower in the middle of nowhere, just like you wanted this Russian tower??

A tall tower must help compose a skyline, and this is what will happen in Moscow with all these huge towers close to each other!
Well, as for Shanghai, as somebody already pointed out in the SWFC forum, there's lots of space between towers in Pudong. Speaking of Hong Kong and NY, maybe there's (there was) less choice than in Moscow as for the available places to put supertalls. Anyway I didn't mean the Mercury tower should have been placed FAR away from the other ones, I was just wondering if its peculiar shape wouldn't be better valorized if its side perspectives were free from obstructions (remember it's sided by a HUGE and blocky one). But nonetheless, I'm sure the district, in the end, will look great. Every planned building is, in its own way, a masterpiece.

·
voyageur
11,685 Posts
Peloso said:
I was just wondering if its peculiar shape wouldn't be better valorized if its side perspectives were free from obstructions (remember it's sided by a HUGE and blocky one).
This HUGE one is the city hall. The other one (at the opposite side ) is the tallest tower so far (Federation ). The Mercury tower reminds me a banner. If it is illuminated with 3 colores it will definitely look like a Russian flag. In this case this is a good place for it :) - between the Moscow city hall and the highest tower Federation.

·
Illustrator
6,466 Posts
Look a bit like Bank of China in Hong Kong.
I think it is a shame it is not added to Emporis database and that there is no drawing of it in the SSP diagram.
Have you thought about that it will be Europe's 2nd largest building?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think this looks the best out of all the Moscow skyscrapers proposed/under construction. Looks very elegant and simple. It is exciting times in Moscow at the moment! For me it is the most exciting development in the world as it is happening in Europe rather than the middle east or asia...about time Europe shows the world that we are capable of building world class skyscrapers :) Well done Russia!

·
24,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
27 january 2007
taken by sturman

click to enlarge

Legend to plots made by sturman

Blue - Boulevard between FederationTower and Mercury City Tower
Green - Mercury City Tower plot
Red - City Hall and City Duma plot

·
voyageur
11,685 Posts
not so super and not so tall.
but still.....
Are you european? The tallest skyscraper in Europe is lower than 300m now.
This one is supposed to be 380 m. This is 'not so tall' - this is very very tall for Europe if not to say unique,

21 - 40 of 3701 Posts