Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The City of Moscow has allocated 20 ha of land to Rosneft (the owner of HC CSKA) for building a new arena. It shall be finished in three years.
The land is in the southern part of the Mnevnikovskiy floodplain.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's somewhere in the southern part of the floodplain. In my opinion the location is verx good. Much better than in Krasnogorsk, where it should be built before.

Reactions: geometarkv

·
ульт
2,620 Posts
http://www.mk.ru/moscow/2014/08/05/...kom-samuyu-krutuyu-ledovuyu-arenu-v-mire.html

Sergey Fedorov announced, that the new arena will be the coolest hockey-arena of the world.

^^ where do you have the renders from? I didn't see some before.
It's not renders, it is a real life model. The photos were leaked, maybe unintentionally, by a studio that does architectural modeling - http://www.makety.ru
Their model was supposed to be located in Krasnogorsk, so I guess they've made some changes since then, but it does look like a 18-20k arena.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ ?????

I think it is decided.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sergey Fedorov (GM of CSKA) said the arena will be build in 5 years and it will be a masterpiece.
And CSKA will play till then in their old arena and not move to Legends-Arena.

Reactions: George_D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sergey Fedorov (GM of CSKA) said the arena will be build in 5 years and it will be a masterpiece.
And CSKA will play till then in their old arena and not move to Legends-Arena.
does CSKA really needs this big arena? their attendance isn't very high as i see in KHL matches

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does CSKA really needs this big arena? their attendance isn't very high as i see in KHL matches
It's hard to say. You are right, the attandance isn't very well. But that has also to do with the arena. KHL is developing and the attandance is becoming higher and higher. And CSKA is Top-Club. In Minsk and Chelyabinsk they had at the KHL-Start in 2008 arenas with capacities around 3,500 and they weren't sold out. After the new arenas were ready, people were coming. In Minsk nearly every game is sold out now.

Of course 20,000 is very big and it won't be sold out every game, specially at the beginning, but I think they can have an average attandance around 14,000.
We will see.

But the area, that was choosen is very good I think. There are many living-areas around. Pretty better than Krasnogorsk, where it should be build before.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It's hard to say. You are right, the attandance isn't very well. But that has also to do with the arena. KHL is developing and the attandance is becoming higher and higher. And CSKA is Top-Club. In Minsk and Chelyabinsk they had at the KHL-Start in 2008 arenas with capacities around 3,500 and they weren't sold out. After the new arenas were ready, people were coming. In Minsk nearly every game is sold out now.

Of course 20,000 is very big and it won't be sold out every game, specially at the beginning, but I think they can have an average attandance around 14,000.
We will see.

But the area, that was choosen is very good I think. There are many living-areas around. Pretty better than Krasnogorsk, where it should be build before.
yes i agree about the area. I had in mind Krasnogorsk when i said in a post before that site hasn't been decided. But the new location looks ideal and as i noticed it is near krylatskoye where there exist a lot of sports facilities. CSKA's official mentioned the date of construction start?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know. But if there is written surfing park, so it's great. But main thing is that there will be a new arena for CSKA at the end.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
http://www.championat.com/hockey/ne...ne-krylatskoe-i-vmeshhat-ot-15-do-20-tys.html

The general director of CSKA said that plans of the arena will be presented soon.
The capacity will be between 15 and 20 thousend. It won't be just an arena, but an "sports-city", including also another rink, an CSKA-Academy and youth teams.

He also said, that CSKA will play the next years in their old arena. So, it will take some time, till it will be finished.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts