SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Moscow, Sept 2004 - part II - fantastic views from Hotel Ukraina

21752 37
This is the second thread with pics from my trip to Moscow. I will concentrate here on the beautiful views from Hotel Ukraina, where I stayed.

The first part can be found here: Moscow, Sept 2004 - from the air + airport-hotel route

This is the hotel. It's my favorite Stalin highrise.

You can see where my room was located :banana: Up there I felt like in paradise :)

My room

The view from it rocks ;)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
^thank you all for your comments :)

I was lucky to visit Moscow once again :) Here comes a small addition of pictures :)

Early morning shots from my room window. As you can see, this time I got a room at a very low level (14th floor) ;)

New Arbat bridge and street:

View towards the Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

The Ministry and the twin hotels, Belgrade and Golden Ring:

Time to go up to the outlook terrace :) On the top of the hotel there is a small pub from which you can enter the terrace:

Standing on the terrace you have Moscow under your feet:

View across the river. Ostankino tv-tower in the background:

Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The new Swissotel can be seen between them in the background:

The Ministry, metro bridge and the twin hotels, Belgrade and Golden Ring:

Kutuzovsky Prospekt (the wide street). The University building can be seen in the background:

University building:

Artistic :) view towards Edelweiss building and IBC:

IBC:

Shchukino district:

The Triumph Palace. Something big is being constructed in front of it...

And finally some night views from the terrace.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the metro bridge:

Kiev railway station:

Kutuzovsky Prospekt (the wide street). The University building can be seen in the background:

And finally the IBC area:

And that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed it :cheers:
New picture threads from my last visit to Moscow will come soon...
^ WOW! :runaway:

Amazing photos, and great city! Thanks so much, michau! You MUST post these in EE! :colgate:
I thought it wasn't necessary to duplicate my Moscow threads in EE. But if you say so... :) I'll maybe it there tomorrow.
Sergei said:
You MUST post these in EE! :colgate:
You should create new thread in Your Photos section instead of filling old ones. Especially with photos from the street.
Nice pics, again :eek:kay:

BTW, can anyone tell me, what is "Hreshatyk" of Moscow? The main, most important street?
The Russian and EE forums have different audiences, so although you posted them here, most people from EE will not see it.
michau said:
I thought it wasn't necessary to duplicate my Moscow threads in EE. But if you say so... :) I'll maybe it there tomorrow.
I think it's either Arbat Street, Leninsky Prospekt, or Tverskaya Ulitsa. Most likely it's Arbat Street.
Pan_Stanislav said:

BTW, can anyone tell me, what is "Hreshatyk" of Moscow? The main, most important street?
Great shots!! Thanks, michau!! :eek:kay:
Moscow is too big for one main street. There is the Arbat, Tverskaya, Garden Ring...
Tverskaya
Pan_Stanislav said:

Thanks. Any pics? Or a link to pics?

:)
ulex said:
Tverskaya
THANK YOU FOR THE LAST THREE!!!!!!!:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:
Thank you for your comments :cheers:

Singidunum said:
You should create new thread in Your Photos section instead of filling old ones. Especially with photos from the street.
I will create new threads with pix from my Moscow walks. I just decided to add the panorama pictures and the airport-hotel pictures to the existing threads, as there were not so many of them.

Pan_Stanislav said:
Tverskaya - the main big shopping street. Arbat - the street for strolling among artist and musicians. Hreshatyk is IMO kind of those 2 in 1. When it is closed for traffic during the weekends it becames more Arbat than Tverskaya.

Moscow's "Independence Square" is Maneznaya Ploshchad (between Tverskaya and Kremlin) with its underground shopping mall Ochotnyj Riad :)

Pan_Stanislav said:
Thanks. Any pics? Or a link to pics?

:)
My next thread will be entirely devoted to Tverskaya street :) Here are 2 pix from it:

:eek2: :eek2:
WOOOooooOWW!!!
Amazing views!!! :O
Thanks, Michau :eek:kay:
Superb, Fantastic, Amazing, Excellent, Inspiring Pics! Awesome thread!
I keep returning to browse these fantastic threads.
A couple of thoughts.

1. It is high time that somebody goes up this deck and shows us the progress of IBC construction and other changes in Moscow since Michau has taken these pics. I had plan to do this during my stay in March 2006, but never had time to do it.

2. This is one of the best observation decks not only in Moscow but worldwide... It is a shame it has practically zero recongnition and tourists and locals alike do not aim to get up there like they do with ESB in NYC, Eiffel Tower in Paris and that observation wheel in London.
Here is the thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=320686&page=13&pp=20
anm said:
It is high time that somebody goes up this deck and shows us the progress of IBC construction...
ne sovsem...

to, o chem ja prosil bylo realizovano vot zdes http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=368960

nu i hotelos by videt "update" raz v 3 mesiaca hotia by, no po sluham sejchas kafe na Ukraine zakryto na remont
Dedushka said:
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.