SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 950 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

PFC CSKA Moskva

13x League:
1946, 1947, 1948, 1950, 1951,
1970, 1991, 2003, 2005, 2006,
2013, 2014, 2016

12x Cup:
1945, 1948, 1951, 1955, 1991,
2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009,
2011, 2013

6x Supercup: (record)
2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2013,

1x UEFA Europa League:

The Foundation stone of the new CSKA Moscow stadium was laid on May 19.

big renders
http://i032.radikal.ru/0711/af/1dba2b1b7ab7.jpg
http://i011.radikal.ru/0711/21/c2ba55131ba0.jpg
http://i025.radikal.ru/0711/d8/03e10ffe0da7.jpg

·
28,090 Posts
how many suits/vip boxes will it have ad whats the capacity?

·
28,090 Posts
only 30.000?
zenit builts a 62.000 arena
and as i know CSKA and Spartak are the 2 big ones in Russia

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
only 30.000?
zenit builts a 62.000 arena
and as i know CSKA and Spartak are the 2 big ones in Russia
Keep in mind that the Zenit stadium is the new municipal venue of Russia's 2nd most important city, not only home of Zenit. while in Moscow the clubs have Luzniki for top games and for normal league encounters 30k for both CSKA, Spartak and Loko is definatelly enough. Plus, this one looks like possible to enlarge without major problems.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
michał_;13548961 said:
Keep in mind that the Zenit stadium is the new municipal venue of Russia's 2nd most important city, not only home of Zenit. while in Moscow the clubs have Luzniki for top games and for normal league encounters 30k for both CSKA, Spartak and Loko is definatelly enough. Plus, this one looks like possible to enlarge without major problems.
CSKA, Loko & Spartak will play on their own stadiums always, in the Russian league and Europeans cups.

but there's a plan to build another stadium in Moscow with a very large capacity only for the national team. which i think stupid idea.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^

What's wrong with the Olympic stadium for the Russian national team matches? Looks like the Russian league is coming along very nicely. If the economy keeps going along as it has and Russian can remain stable for just a little while it could threaten the big 5 Euro leagues.

·
NZ
453 Posts
^ Hopefully, but in Russia everything seems to be centered in Moscow and St Petes.

They need a few "superclubs" in provisional cities with stadiums to match. That would make for a much better league.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is where all the wealth is so with the 4 or so big clubs in those towns it is enough and comparable to the other big leagues in euro-land.

Italy only really has the 2 Milans and Juve that are in the monster category. The rest are whipping boys.

The Gerries have Bayern and not much else.

Spain has Madrid and Barca, the rest are supporting cast.

England, has teams based in 'Greater Manchester' and Greater London. The rest are not really worth a cracker.

If Russia did ever get their shite together (and it is debatable that will ever happen), they could be massive. As an example in Czarist times, horse racing(the biggest pro sport before the first world war on the planet) had the most money in Russia at Moscow and St. Petes.

Unfortunately for Ivan, the loonies took over the asylum and they have been trying to crawl out of the bin for years.

·
NZ
453 Posts
Yeah.

They are talking about hosting WC or Euro Cup. It will happen its just a mater of when.

I too think that in about 10 years Russian League will be massive.

·
Registered
102 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is where all the wealth is so with the 4 or so big clubs in those towns it is enough and comparable to the other big leagues in euro-land.

Italy only really has the 2 Milans and Juve that are in the monster category. The rest are whipping boys.

The Gerries have Bayern and not much else.

Spain has Madrid and Barca, the rest are supporting cast.

England, has teams based in 'Greater Manchester' and Greater London. The rest are not really worth a cracker.

If Russia did ever get their shite together (and it is debatable that will ever happen), they could be massive. As an example in Czarist times, horse racing(the biggest pro sport before the first world war on the planet) had the most money in Russia at Moscow and St. Petes.

Unfortunately for Ivan, the loonies took over the asylum and they have been trying to crawl out of the bin for years.
idunno about spain and germany and england as u say, what about sevilla, atletico, valencia, what about bayrern, if there so good why didnt they win the league, and in england those teams do dominate, but the teams surrounding them are still class and have major stadiums and good infrastructure, i think with time and money the russian league could be a strong league in europe, maybe take over italys spot as one of the top leagues

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
CSKA, Loko & Spartak will play on their own stadiums always, in the Russian league and Europeans cups.

but there's a plan to build another stadium in Moscow with a very large capacity only for the national team. which i think stupid idea.
Is there any specific reason for which they cannot use Luzniki??? I'm sure there are games with far bigger interest, than normal league encounters.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is probably down to supply and demand economics. If you 'lower' the supply of available seats, you drive up the demand and value. This is why English clubs can charge 30 or 50 GBP a ticket and they cannot even give away a ticket for free to Italian football such as Juventus.

For the average supporter the mega stadiums are better because you can get a seat on the day, but for pro clubs it is not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
THE CONSTRUCTION PROPER HAS STARTED!:banana:
Is it possible for our Moscow friends to send us som pics now the process for this very interesting stadium project has started?
I noticed some pics on Russian threads but forgive me my Russian is 'ochen ploka!'
It will be particularly interesting to see how they go about building the skyscraper and the stadium together.

1 - 20 of 950 Posts