Glasgow

·
Registered
764 Posts
Dearborn, Michigan, United States

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Here are the mosques of NYC, though don't expect a lot.

Islamic Cultural Ctr, Manhattan

Some mosque in Jackson Hts, Queens

Islamic Sunnat-Ul-Jamaat, The Bronx

Makki Mosque, Brooklyn

Imam Al-Khoei Islamic Ctr, Jamaica, Queens

Jamaica Muslim Ctr, Jamaica, Queens

Thayba Islamic Ctr, Brooklyn (Third lowrise from right)

Miraj Islamic School, Staten Island

Albanian Islamic Ctr, Glendale, Queens

Ahmadiyya Mosque, Brooklyn

Al-Musraq Mosque, Brooklyn (now closed)

Woodside Jame-E Masjid & Islamic Ctr, Woodside, Queens

Unknown mosque in Brooklyn

Muhammed Mosqe No 7, Manhattan

Al-Baraka, Manhattan

Masjid Malcom Shabazz Mosque, Manhattan

Unkown mosque in Manhattan

Faith Camii Mosque, Brooklyn

Another unknown mosque in Brooklyn

Islamic Research and Dawah Ctr, Brooklyn

·
greenlanternkid
81 Posts
im not sure if there's a difference between a "traditional" mosque and a "modern" mosque but i've always thought that these buildings seemed really futuristic, at least in my opinion. those pillars and domes make them look like they came straight outta star wars er something - especially the one in pakistan.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I know some will mention how third rate the NYC mosques are as oppossed to the ones in the Mid East. The reason why many of them take storefronts or a former church or synagogue is b/c Muslims have only came to the US around the end of the Cold War, which is why there aren't a lot of mosques around here. However, the number of mosques in NYC does outnumber the number of Bhuddhist and Hindu temples. In order to find a mosque in NYC, you have to look for Arabic writing on it otherwise it's not a mosque. Please be carefull b/c large domes here do not indicate a mosque, and it's used in the western world for Christian Orthodox churches where that would be a mosque in the eastern world.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Under construction Wester-moskee Amsterdam-West

Includes new residentshouses behind the Mosque using the same buildingsmaterials.

Taibah-moskee Amsterdam-South

Under construction De Essalam-moskee Rotterdam
After construction it will be the biggest Mosque of Europe

Mevlana-moskee Rotterdam

·
Banned
697 Posts
I know some will mention how third rate the NYC mosques are as oppossed to the ones in the Mid East. The reason why many of them take storefronts or a former church or synagogue is b/c Muslims have only came to the US around the end of the Cold War, which is why there aren't a lot of mosques around here. However, the number of mosques in NYC does outnumber the number of Bhuddhist and Hindu temples. In order to find a mosque in NYC, you have to look for Arabic writing on it otherwise it's not a mosque. Please be carefull b/c large domes here do not indicate a mosque, and it's used in the western world for Christian Orthodox churches where that would be a mosque in the eastern world.
One of the "unknown Mosques," in your post, the first one in fact in Brooklyn, is on Coney Island and Avenue H I believe... But its not a Mosque, its actually a Synagogue or a Jewish school. It looks a lot like a Mosque, and I was fooled the first time, but its actually a Jewish center.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
When I was using the search engine, that place came up as a mosque, though so did the Russian Orthodox Cathedral of the Transfiguration located in Greenpoint, which is churh.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mosque in Coquimbo, Capital of the IVth Region of Coquimbo, Chile

Also known as the Centro Mahoma VI para el Diálogo de las Civilizaciones (Mohammed VI Center for the Dialogueof the Civilizations). It was financed by Marocco's king. Its minaret is a replica of the Koutuba Mosque in Marocco.

It's in a rather poor area of Coquimbo, but the hill and the not-very-fancy houses around it make it look like it's the mosque of the village... no?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mezquita As-Salam

The As-Salam Mosque is located in Ñuñoa (a very quite, leafy, and traditional borough of Santiago), in Chile. It was built in 1988.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Here is a list of mosques in Israel, and please no political discussion on these shots.

Dome of the Rock, Jerusalem

Ahmadi Mosque, Haifa

Al-Asqa Mosque, Jerusalem

Mosque of Al-Jazzar, Akko

Mahmoudian Mosque, Tel Aviv

Unknown Mosque, Caesarea

Sinan Pasha Mosque, Akko

White Mosque, Nazareth

Al-Amari Mosque, Tiberias

El-Bachar or El-Mina Mosque, Akko

Unknown Mosqe, Safed

Mosque of Omar, Bethlehem

A-Jeraine Mosque, Haifa

Unknown Mosque, Turan

Unknown Mosque, around Tiberias

Unknown Mosque, between Caesarea and Megiddo

Haram a-Sharif Mosque, Jerusalem

Masjid Mosque, Hosan Village

Unknown Mosque, Ramallah

Unknown Mosque, Hebron

Unknown Mosque, around the Sea of Galilee (Lake Kineret)

Unknown Mosque, Raineh

Unknown Mosque, West Bank

Masjid Mosque, Bil'in

Unknown Mosque, Bethani

1 - 20 of 709 Posts