SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Real Norwegian
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the threads about Norway seems to be just about large cities like Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim. So I decided to make a thread about my little city, Moss. First some information. Oslo is about 45 minutes driving from Oslo, and is on the right side of the Oslo Fjord. The city has about 28 000 inhabitans, but the total urban area is close to 40 000 people.

First some pictures of Moss:

This is the main sqare in Moss, Vincent Buddes Plass. It has just been refurbished

Some new waterfront appartments

The new waterfront promenade

Møllebyen area. It consists of cinema, cafees, libeary, museum, shops and even it's own brewery. Maybe my favorite area of Moss

Sjøbadet Beach. Probably not the best beach in the world, but it's convient since it's located in the very heart of the city

There are a lot of exciting projects in Moss. I will post some of them on this thread.

·
Real Norwegian
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Amfi Moss Shopping Centre

Amfi Moss is a shopping centre located on the main pedestrian street in Moss, it has about 50 stores, and is the second largest Shopping Centre in Moss. They are now reconstructing it in order to get 110-120 stores.

The project also include 20 appartments, about 700 parking spaces and major street renovation. A large bus terminal will also be built. Everything will be ready by October. :)

Facade of the new part of the Shopping Centre

The link between the new and the old part

Illustration of the street renovation

·
Real Norwegian
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Glassverket Appartments

On jeløy, an peninsula by Moss, they are building 500 new appartments in a former glass bottle factory.

Some of the apparments are already finished, but most of them are yet to be constructed. When everything is finished, the area will include daycare and a supermarket.

Some of the finished appartments

Illustration on the area. As you might see, its very close to the beach :) It was quite hard to find pictures to this picture, so I might find more when I have more time. :)

·
NWO Henchman
1,018 Posts
That last development looks quite cozy. :)

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
Its not huge projects, but good to be Moss! The shopping centre is going to be nice though. Moss has quite many shipping centres already!

·
Real Norwegian
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know those projects are not huge. But I will soon post a big post about Moss airport that will open next year.

And there are other projects too, including a new shopping centre ;)

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
eah, nuts....I was kinda hoping this was a developing photothread dedicated to Kate Moss...too bad...But this is nice too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts