Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MOSSHOLMEN | Kv Vinga | ~45m | 14fl | U/C

Mossholmen is a small guest harbour situated between the localities of Klädesholmen and Bleket, an area very popular among tourists in the summer. Now, the owners of Mossholmen guest harbor have decided to build a whole new residential hub in the same area. The hub will include 5 different blocks with villas, apartments, shops, and even a 14 floor mixed-use high-rise consisting of offices, car park, apartments and a penthouse. This is a very exciting project for such a less populated area. The project as a whole is set to accommodate at least 400 people all year round.

The project has already been approved and construction will commence in September 2012.

Location of Mossholmen, roughly 35 km from Gothenburg:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=Mossho...03858,0.084629&hq=Mossholmens+Marina&t=m&z=10

Photographic render taken from their new official website www.mossholmen.se
The tubular-shaped building is Kv Vinga.

PDF file showing how the 5 different blocks will look like:
http://www.mossholmen.se/Situationsplan_Mossholmen.pdf

I hope we can all follow this project with excitement!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
^^ Welcome to the forum Badgäst! Fun to see a new Swedish member! :)

The project looks pretty good, and if they use nice architecture I think it could look kinda cool togheter with the old and beautiful architecture on the other islands that surounds the project! :cheers:

·
Registered
25,565 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Badgäst!

The project looks interesting, however the buildings that are proposed look a bit strange. Hopefully, a newly built area will be more in harmony with the surrounding nature. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photos from the construction (as of june 2013). So far construction of two of the blocks have started, and the one that's taking shape really fast is Kv Ingo.

Old photo from March 2013.

New photos from May 2013.

Interior work has also begun and we are expecting to see some of these houses finished pretty soon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad news.

The whole project has been put on hold since there is a strong lack of buyers for the apartments. The only part of the complex which will be completed on schedule is Kv Ingo, which only consist of holiday cottages intended for summer vacation stays.

I'm still keeping my fingers for the the project to have a restart though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They seem to updated the render slightly. You can see obvious changes to some of the apartment complexes, particulary Kv Nordvåg in the front which has been improved quite a bit (bigger private bridges for the houses).
Wow I really like the private dock the houses got. That is going to increase the demand considerably.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
It is a brave project, is it mostly summer guest buying or what kind of customers do they expect?

I love all the little smalltowns we got on the coast, they are lovely in the summer, but the population is a bit like night and day compared to the winter season for most of them, since there is a massive influx during summer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is a brave project, is it mostly summer guest buying or what kind of customers do they expect?

I love all the little smalltowns we got on the coast, they are lovely in the summer, but the population is a bit like night and day compared to the winter season for most of them, since there is a massive influx during summer.
At the moment it's quite mixed. The project is divided in different phases where some houses are specifically built as seasonal houses for summer guests, whereas others are built for permanent living.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts