SkyscraperCity banner

most beautiful bridge is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
moonage daydream
626 Posts
Neat. Me, I found it pretty ugly all those years there.

I can't help myself from finding Pont Jacques-Cartier here to be my favourite bridge to look at.
Unfortunately Montréal’s bridges are not very well maintained and always look ready to collapse.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
My favorite is definitely the Brooklyn Bridge :drool:

I also like the famous bridge in Florence (sorry don't remember the name), the famous bridge in Venice (sorry, don't remember that one either lol), and the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think the Coathanger should be on the list! Auckland Harbour Bridge :cheers:

As for the actual list i like the Erasmus bridge. Jst something about it..

·
Banned
3 Posts
I m ver y sad

why no body show me RunYang Bridge ? Also beautiful

i do not know how to upload the pics? so i advise , some guys , can use the search engine like google yahoo baidu etc

then u will get suits answers

if some guys can not get , let me know , i will show

tks a million

·
Banned
340 Posts
From this in the poll, I'd choose Millau Viaduct for many reasons: height, technology but to me the most important to me is appearance, and this one in Millau looks so light and is beautifully composed with the scenery of valley. Chapeau bas!

But in general I'd rather choose Charles Bridge in Prague, very magical place!

·
963 Posts
There are better bridges in the world then the Sydney harbour bridge. I like the Rion Antirio bridge in Greece. It looks beautiful.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
IMO, the Sydney Harbor bridge is pretty average. It's in a fantastic location, but the bridge itself wouldn't be iconic if it was somewhere else.

·
....kay?
550 Posts
Way too many bridges to choose from! Actually, my favourite that I've been over, since i Haven't been over that many bridges, would be the Alex Fraser in Vancouver which goes from Richmond to Delta... I think it's a beautiful bridge. Pretty average actually, but still beautiful

·
ONE WORLD
8,761 Posts
OK some of my faves from China

Longjin covered Bridge, rebuilt from 1591 original (note, each rain tower is in a different regional style of the ethnic Don people)

worlds largest cable stayed bridge, the Sutong-Nantong the towers are 300m, 970ft high

worlds largest arch span u/c, Chaotianmen bridge, Chongqing, 1.7 km (5,712 ft) long, span 552m (1,811 ft), and VERY tall.

cheers to Zorg

Caiyunba Bridge, also in Chongqing

141 - 160 of 188 Posts