SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Thunder Bay isn't on the list? But we're worse than Kingston, Jamaica!
Lawl.... bagging on your own city and exaggerating about how bad at it makes me wanna piss the pot clean.

·
Administrator
79,193 Posts
all drug towns well i don't know about victoria whats up with that
Victoria is notorious. You think you are helping an old white haired granny across the street, when she lifts up her able walker and crashes it over your head! Then she grabs your wallet and dashes.
Be warned, people. :(

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,859 Posts
I'm just relieved (although not terribly surprised) that Hfx is not on the list. Although I am a bit surprised about Victoria.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Victoria's stats always look bad when the criminal activity in the city core is compared against the population of the city core only. It's been a recurring news item for 30 years despite the fact that it's so easy to explain (basic formula: take any decently large city, turn its downtown core and some adjacent neighbourhoods into a separate municipality, and then compare the criminal activity of the downtown core against the population of the downtown and the adjacent neighbourhoods only... In other words, the hundreds of thousands of people who regularly patronize the downtown core but don't live inside the downtown core are considered not to exist when the Vic PD's crime reports are analyzed.)

As I like to say, if they really want to make things look bad (and thereby increase the Vic PD's budget) they should exaggerate the stats even more by making the commercial-only areas of downtown into a separate city. Call it Victoria, so then they'd be able to say Victoria is one of the most dangerous cities in the world. It would have all of the crime that you'd expect to find in the core of a city of 360,000 (because of all the bars, nightclubs, social services, street people, drug addicts, unaware tourists, etc.) but a tiny population. Example: you'd have 1500 assaults per year but nowhere near that many full-time residents.

Not too long ago the Vic PD was complaining to the media about how Victoria has umpteen times the number of liquor licenses of any other city in Canada of Victoria's size (population 80,000). How on earth did this happen? No more new liquor licenses! Etc.

·
Blue Collar Bigwig
1,905 Posts
Prince George has really lost a lot of Jobs since the fisheries closed. Ain't nothin left to do there but turn tricks and 'nickle n dime' it i suppose.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts